Ghosts, Mysteries and Legends Night Walking Tour of Paris
For many, Paris by night is a place of romance and moonlit walks along the Seine. For others, it’s a place of mystery and the ghosts of the past that haunt city streets. This walking tour of Paris’ ghosts, mysteries and legends takes you on a journey through the hidden Paris – when the City of Light is finally dark. As you visit tucked-away streets off the beaten path, you’ll hear intriguing ghost stories and legends that will bring a chill to the night's air, as well as little-known facts about Paris and its history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Today, Paris is the City of Light – the home of fashion and the center of art and culture in France. But it wasn’t always that way. Paris has a long, tragic history of murder and execution, of rampant disease among the lower classes and of bitter wars fought against a corrupt monarchy.
This nighttime walking tour of Paris’ ghosts, mysteries and legends takes place under a cloak of darkness, winding down alleyways and cutting through the hushed silence of the night. You will go to the sites of some of Paris’ darkest hours – the Place de la Vert Gallant, St Germain de Auxerrois (where some say 30,000 were killed in the St Bartholomew’s Day massacre in 1572) and the Palais du Justice (where those found guilty by the court were routinely tortured and executed before live audiences).
You will travel through areas wracked by the plague, the French Revolution, the Paris Commune and Nazi rule. You will learn about the characters that molded the city, from Napoleon and Marie Antoinette to Henry IV and the serial killers that once stalked these very streets.
The Ghosts, Mysteries and Legends Night Walking Tour of Paris offers a rare opportunity to glimpse a side of Paris you won’t see advertised on postcards. It’s a chance to learn a little more about the City of Light and those who loved, hated, died and killed there.
Sites visited on the walking tour:
• Place de la Vert Gallant
• St Germain de Auxerrois
• La Fontaine de la Croix du Trahoir
• Rue de la Ferronnerie
• Square of the Innocents
• The Rat Trap Shop (as seen in the movie Ratatouille)
• Tour St Jacques
• La Fontaine du Palmier
• The River Seine
• The Conciergerie
• Ile de la Cité
• Palais du Justice
• Hotel Dieu
• Hotel de ville
Departure Point :Statue équestre d'Henri IV, 15 Place du Pont Neuf, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :Hotel La Ville, 70 Rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- For your safety and the one of others in the group, please make sure you bring a mask on the tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.