George Washington's Mount Vernon by Potomac Riverboat
Enjoy a narrated cruise along the Potomac River to George and Martha Washington's estate, Mount Vernon. This is the only round-trip cruise to Mount Vernon from Washington DC and Alexandria, Virginia.
Choose to depart from Washington DC, at 9:00am or Old Town Alexandria at 9:30am. Then enjoy the relaxing ride down the river to the Mt. Vernon Estate.
The boat arrives to the Mount Vernon Estate at 10:15am. Explore the beauty and rich history of Mt. Vernon for 4 hours. The tour of the estate is self-guided and includes George Washington's tomb, an interpretive Pioneer farm, a new museum and education center, and much more.
The boat will depart Mt. Vernon at 2:00pm. It will arrive at Alexandria at 3:00pm and Washington DC, at 3:30pm.
per adult from
What's included :
- Narrated riverfront cruise to Mount Vernon
- Self-guided tour
- Beautiful waterfront views
- Entry/Admission - George Washington's Mount Vernon
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, available for purchase
- Transportation to and from the marina
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Potomac River, Washington DC, DC
Enjoy a relaxing, narrated, riverfront cruise along the historic Potomac River
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: George Washington's Mount Vernon, 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121
After cruising for about 90 minutes and learning about the area's history, you will arrive at the beautiful Mount Vernon Estate, once home to George and Martha Washington.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: 580 Water St SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
2: City of Alexandria Marina, 0 Cameron St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- **All guests are required to wear masks/face coverings when on board as they are interacting with others who are not members of their household. ** Cloth face coverings are not required under on young children under age 2, and anyone who has trouble breathing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.