Geopark Hiking Tour
The Hong Kong Geopark, opened November 2009, comprises of eight major geological sites and is of International stature. One of them is in the region of the High Island water reservoir, the destination of this tour. We'll start at the site of spectacular rock formations formed by volcanic activities 140 million years ago and follow coastlines shaped by waves and weathering into a bay with a beautiful beach. Walking on to Leung Shuen Wan, which consists of three old Hakka villages. Here the fishing community is still active: the weather-protected bay is ideal for fish cultivation. We’ll treat ourselves to a Seafood meal at one of the Restaurants here.After lunch, we visit the magnificent Tin Hau Temple of Leung Shuen Wan. Modern fisherman and their families still make offerings here before heading out to sea. We return back to Sai Kung by water, on a traditional junk.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Chinese lunch with seasonal seafood
- village tour
- boat ride
- all transfers
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We meet in front of the General Post Office in Central at 8.30am
Transfer by public transport and taxi to the start of our tour.
1 hour sightseeing amid the landscape shaped by the Hexagonal Stone Columns.
1,5 hour walk with views over the coastal landscape to a rural village, where few people still life and are involved with fish farming.
Lunch at the village.
After lunch we'll visit the local temple dedicated to the Godess of the Sea, the guardian of all those working at sea.
Return by boat to the town of Sail Kung. From where we take a bus and subway to reach the city centre.
16.30 tour ends back in Central
Departure Point :General Post Office, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong Island - in front of the green vending machines
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Central on Hong Kong Island
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable fro children from 8 years and above
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.