Geneva old town walking tour
To start this walking tour I will meet you up at Brunswick Monument. Then, we will walk by beautiful Lake Geneva, the biggest lakes in western Europe and stop for photos at the famous Jet d'Eau, Geneva's big fountain and symbol of the city. We will then enjoy the walk by the lake to the flower clock, also famous as a Genevan symbol. Then, we will go up to the old town and start with impressive Saint Peters Cathedral, built on four other churches, the oldest one dating back to the 5th century. After having a look inside the Cathedral, we will go on to the town hall and the old arsenal, two important places to discover. In the end of the visit, we will stop in front of the Wall of the Reformation and end our tour in De Neuve square, where the Opera House of Geneva is.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Two-hour guided tour in the old town
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brunswick Monument, Jardin des Alpes Quai du Mont-Blanc, Geneva 1200 Switzerland
Pick up in Brunswick Monument, by Lake Geneva
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Jet d'Eau, quai Gustave-Ador Jetee des Eaux-Vives, Geneva 1207 Switzerland
Stop in front of the famous Geneva symbol, the Jet d'eau, 140 meters high.
Pass By: The Flower Clock, quai du General-Guisan 28 Jardin Anglais, Geneva 1204 Switzerland
When we talk about Switzerland, we also talk about clocks and watches. That's why it is inevitable to stop in front of the famous flower clock of Geneva.
Stop At: Cathedrale de St-Pierre, place du Bourg-de-Four 24, Geneva 1204 Switzerland
Admire the beautiful Cathedral, built from 1160 and 1250, and have a look inside.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Hotel de Ville, Geneva Switzerland
Stop in the town hall, Genevan's political headquarter since more than five centuries
Pass By: L'ancien arsenal, Rue de l'Hotel-de-Ville, Geneva 1204 Switzerland
Stop at the Old Arsenal with its famous guns and mosaics that represent different period of times in the city's history
Stop At: Reformation Wall (Mur de la Reformation), Parc des Bastions, Geneva 1200 Switzerland
Stop in front of the Reformation Wall that celebrates the Protestant Reformation that Geneva adopted in 1536
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Grand Theatre de Geneve, Place de Neuve 5, Geneva 1204 Switzerland
End of the visit on beautiful De Neuve square, in front of the Opera House of Geneva
Departure Point :Brunswick Monument, Jardin des Alpes, Quai du Mont-Blanc, 1201 Genf, Switzerland
Return Detail :Place de Neuve, 1204 Genève, Switzerland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.