Gem City Tour - Rathnapura - Sri Lanka
In this gem city tour, we cover from A-Z of the gem industry including the mining, mining pits, sorting, cutting and polishing and gem auctions.
You can hang out with the workers who work at gem mining and see how they work, take pictures and know about the their tips and tricks.
And that's not all, we also cover some of the most iconic places in the area, including waterfalls and other religious places.
per adult from
1 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Bopath Ella (Bopath Falls)
- Entry/Admission - Maha Saman Dewalaya
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bopath Ella (Bopath Falls), Agalawatta, Kuruwita 70500 Sri Lanka
We'll visit one of the most beautiful falls in the Rathnapura area, which is Bopath Falls.
This is included in the trip but you can exclude or include any other location to the trip as you wish.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maha Saman Dewalaya, Panadura Road, Ratnapura 70000 Sri Lanka
This is one of the most sacred places in Rathnapura.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ratnapura, Sri Lanka
We will take you to the main city of Rathnapura and we'll take to the gem minings from there, where you can see how they are mined and sorted. Also, you can visit the gem mine pits.
And see how they are sorted, cut and polished, and finally to the gem auction to see how miners sell their gems to the buyers.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up our guests from anywhere in Colombo or Negombo area, if not guest can define the location to pick them up.Airports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.