Gay LGBT History Tour Amsterdam, 2 Hours Walk about Amsterdam's Gay LGBT History
Do you see the Netherlands and Amsterdam as progressive and liberal? Are a you LGBT or do you know someone? Wouldn't you like to know how it happened? This is the one and only LGBT Gay Tour in Amsterdam that will tell you that. This story is now even more relevant with a world changing.
LGBT History Tour Amsterdam : Homo Monument and Gay marriage. Amsterdam as front runner in LGBT rights in the world
The Netherlands was the first country in the world with a monument for LGBT victims and the first country where same sex marriages were legal. In the roaring 80's and 90’s Amsterdam was the GAY capital of the world.
The tour takes you on a trip through historic Amsterdam and goes from the 17th Century until 2001 the year of GAY marriage. We start at the Homo monument and end at “het Mandje”, the oldest gay bar in the world on the Zeedijk.
Your guide Henk witnessed the roaring 80's and 90's himself and is a great historian and story teller according to earlier participants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Entry/Admission - Homomonument
- Entry/Admission - Dam Square
What's excluded :
- The tour includes only the tour guide, bring your own water and walking shoes.
- Entry/Admission - Royal Palace Amsterdam
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Homomonument, Westermarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
The start of the LGBT History Tour, for gay victims in past, present and future. Henk will tell how the Netherlands got to get the first monument in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel), Canal Ring (Grachtengordel), Amsterdam, North Holland Province
We will walk along the canals towards Dam square, looking at 17th Century houses. Explaining how it is the first example of city planning in the world.
Stop At: Royal Palace Amsterdam, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 147, 1012 RJ Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will see and hear the origin of the Royal Palace on Dam square and what it has to do with gay life in the 17th Century. We don't have time to visit the Palace but it worth a visit.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
The central square in Amsterdam, Holland. Has a long history, what happens here? Also everything LGBT related.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Red Light District (De Wallen), Red Light District (De Wallen), Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Walking through the red light district and what is the leather street of Amsterdam. Ask Henk about details if interested about the red light district.
Pass By: Zeedijk, Oudezijds Kolk to Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
China town, once the roughest street ever in Amsterdam. The oldest gay bar in Amsterdam. And why German soldiers in WOII were not allowed in this part of the city. We end at the bar of Bet van Beeren.
Departure Point :Westermarkt 2L, 1016 DK Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Café 't Mandje, Zeedijk 63, 1012 AS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- As its a walking tour for about 2 hours you should be able to keep up. Wheelchairs is possible as we have had them in the tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We follow Dutch national guidelines by RIVM.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.