Gatchina Palace Private Tour with transfer from St. Petersburg
You will be picked-up at your hotel by your guide and your private driver, and head to the Gatchina Palace, located around 30 km from St. Petersburg, in a private car.
Your guide will tell you during this unique tour all the secrets of this magnificent palace, whose architect is the famous Antonio Rinaldi. This palace, bought by Catherine the Great for her lover, the Count Orlov, used to have more than 500 rooms. During this tour, you will visit approximately 10 of them, among the most beautiful ones.
One of them is the Marble Room: your guide will give you all the details and secrets of this room, worldwide famous for its columns made from Italian marble (from the city of Carrara). During this tour you will be told why did Louis XVI offer tapestries to Paul I in the throne room.
This magnificent palace is not the most visited one in St. Petersburg, and is not overcrowded by tourists: this tour is a great way to visit one of the Tsars’ palaces in a quiet atmosphere.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Service of a professional guide for 4 hours
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance tickets to the palace
- Entry/Admission - Gatchina Palace and Estate Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gatchina Palace and Estate Museum, 1 Krasnoarmeyskiy Ave, Gatchina 188300 Russia
The Gatchina Palace was one of the favourite residences of the Russian Imperial Family, and during the 19th century was an important site of Russian politics. Since the February Revolution in 1917 it has been a museum and public park, and received UNESCO World Heritage Site status in 1990.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotel located in St. Petersburg. Please, indicate your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.