Gastronomic Gastown Walking Tour
Eating and drinking is officially Gastown's must-do activity! The Gastronomic Gastown Tour is Gastown's one-and-only designated Canadian Signature Experience.
To experience Gastown like a local, explore Vancouver's foodie, boozy, historic neighborhood on 3-hour walking food tour! In a small group, you'll savor gastronomic delights and learn about the neighborhood's storied past from a fun, friendly, expert local guide.
This is a historic walking tour that includes a progressive meal from 4 locally-owned Gastown restaurants, complete with 4 craft beer, local wine and cocktail pairings. To uncover the alleyways and doors that hold Gastown’s gems, a Foodie Tour can’t be beat! All tickets include food tastings and alcoholic pairings.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food Tastings - A progressive meal at 4 iconic Gastown restaurants
- 4 Alcohol Pairings - Craft Beer, Wine, Cocktails
- An exclusive Printed Guide of foodie recommendations and discounts
- A fun, friendly, locally-savvy, Foodie Tour Guide!
- Entry/Admission - Gastown
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gastown, Waterfront between Granville and Main Sts. North of Hastings St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2K7 Canada
You'll explore the ins and outs of Gastown, noting the famous sights like the Steam Clock and Maple Tree Square, but also weaving through the alleys and hidden pathways that only locals know!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Gassy Jack, 1 Water St Maple Tree Square, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1A1 Canada
The famous statue of Gassy Jack - the founder of Gastown!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Steam Clock, 305 Water St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1B8 Canada
The Gastown Steam Clock is the most-photographed location in Vancouver. You'll learn the history and significance of the clock and catch it for a steam!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Maple Tree Square, 107 Carrall St Gastown, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2H9 Canada
The central intersection of Gastown - great for patios and people watching! You'll see a cross-section of old, new, modern, and old-school living here!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Victory Square, 150 Hastings St W, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1G8 Canada
Vancouver never plays itself in movies, but the area around Victory Square might feel familiar if you've ever watched Deadpool, 50 Shades, or television series like Arrow.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Gassy Jack statue, 1 Water St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2H9, Canada
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian and pescatarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any severe allergies at the time of booking.
- Please note we cannot cater to any other dietary restrictions, as there is not always a “next-best” option at our tasting locations. If possible, we encourage you to try everything on the tour as we have selected tastings that best exemplify the restaurants and food shops we feature!
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Guests must be 19 years or older to partake in the alcoholic pairings. If non-alcoholic pairings are required, please note it in the booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for celiac or gluten free diets
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.