Gastro Delights in Budapest- Your Private Food Tour
Are you a gourmand? Do you like to venture into discovering new gastronomic horizons? On this 3.5 hour walking tour you will not only get the chance to taste some of the most famous dishes and specialties of Hungarian Cuisine but you will also hear entertaining stories about famous chefs and pastry-makers, about how Hungarian eating and cooking tradition has evolved since the Middle Ages to the present day absorbing many influences over the centuries. You will walk around the beautiful downtown of Pest, venturing into the Ninth District that used to be called the ‘Stomach of Budapest’ in the 1800s.
You will visit authentic local places offering mainly quality farmer’s products. If you are a vegetarian, vegan, gluten, lactose-intolerant or/and kosher eater, then we will adjust our tour accordingly. (Please let us know in advance)
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 5 taste stops
- Food tasting
- A glass of wine
- A glass of pálinka
- Hotel pickup
- Professional art historian guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- To start the tour, your private guide will pick you up from your accommodation or any other previously agreed location. All is flexible and customized according to your requests so the itinerary may vary according to your needs and to the meeting point. Nevertheless the tour always contains all the food stops described hereby.
You will start your gastronomic adventure at one of our famous Covered Market halls built at the end of the 1800s, with a tasty, locally produced cheese and salami selection accompanied by a fine glass of wine.
You will take a brief tram ride along the river Danube enjoying the breathtaking view of the Buda side as well as the Pest promenade.
After having tasted the chimney cake made according to the original Transylvanian recipe we hop into a standing style eatery, a favorite spot for the locals to taste a bit of sausage and blood pudding.
At this point some more walking will do us good. Leaving downtown we arrive to the Ninth District, where we taste the famous Goulash soup accompanied by a sip of pálinka, the Hungarian aquavit.
It is time for a delicious coffee. According to the latest trend, good coffee can be found in the Specialty Cafés in Budapest made- using the newest techniques- out of locally roasted coffee beans. The interior design of such cafés is often a successful blend of recent and ancient architecture.
How could you resist such an invitation? Taste ‘My city, Your way!’
Departure Point :Central Budapest
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable shoes are advised
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.