Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery, National Bread “Lavash” Baking and tasting
Not far from the temple of Garni (about 10 minutes’ walk), there is a cozy local restaurant with an amazing view of the temple, where you can relax and take part in master-class of tasting of freshly baked lavash – traditional Armenian flatbread.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Garni Temple
- Entry/Admission - The Monastery of Geghard
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery Road H3, Garni Armenia
This fantastic tour will introduce you to the exotic Pagan history of Armenia, and show the later development and spread of Christianity in the country. The first stop is Garni Temple (77 A.D.) –it is the only standing heathen temple in the whole post-Soviet area. The temple gracefully stands on a high plateau overlooking the Azat river gorge. The surrounding area itself is incredibly beautiful. The greek-roman bath house with the mosaic, made out of 30,000 pieces of natural stones, as well as the ruins of the royal palace, will take you to 3rd century A.D.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Monastery of Geghard, Near Goght Village, Geghard Armenia
The Monastery complex of Geghard is another historical site included to this tour. St. Geghard symbolizes the lance with which the Roman centurion pierced Jesus after crusifixion. Later the lance had been brought to Armenia and kept in Geghard Monastery for 5 centuries. The complex presents Armenia of 13th century, which is considered to be the Golden Age of the country’s architecture. However, the most astonishing part of this complex is its architectural solution churches drilled into the solid rock that were constructed in accordance to the rules of Armenian architecture. Geghard Monastery is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Free Walking Tour in Yerevan, 4 Republic Square, Երևան 0001, Armenia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.