Garni and Geghard tour to Armenia
When you have only two days on visiting Armenia, and the first one you already spent on Yerevan City tour, then Tour to Garni and Geghard is exactly what you need. It's the best choice not only because both Garni and Geghard located in a distance of 30 km from Yerevan, but also because it is one of favorite tourist destinations: tour from Paganism to Christianity, where you can enjoy architectural heritage of the country, it’s incredible nature and have a lovely conversation with locals.
As a matter of fact, pagan temple Garni and Geghard monastery doesn’t share any commonality. The only thing that connects them is quite close location and belonging to the cultural heritage of the Armenian nation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tatev Travel Agency
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Garni Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tatev Travel Agency, Yerevan 0010 Armenia
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery Road H3, Garni Armenia
Visiting of pagan temple Garni. It is the only Hellenistic colonnaded building in Armenia. It was built by king Tiridates I in 76 year AD as a temple to the god of sun Mithra (known as Mihr in Armenian). Later on it was converted into a royal summer house of Armenian kings. In the territory of the temple one can find ruins of the fortress, a royal summer palace and a bath complex, which was built in the 3rd century AD. It also offers a magnificent view of the river Azat and Garni Gorge.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Monastery of Geghard, Near Goght Village, Geghard Armenia
Visiting Geghard medieval monastery. The name Geghard or more fully Geghardavank, meaning “the Monastery of the Spear”, originates from the spear which had wounded Jesus, brought to Armenia and now is displayed in the Echmiadzin treasury. Monastery is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most popular places in Armenia. By the way, right at the entrance local women sell candies, home-made food and Geghard gata – everyone should try it.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :19 Nalbandyan St, Yerevan 0010, Armenia
Traveler pickup is offered
If you need hotel pick up please let us know in advance.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.