Garganta do Ceu Cave Hiking Private Tour and Pedra da Gavea
This hiking tour to Garganta do Ceu cave is the perfect option to fully get to know Pedra da Gavea. The cave reveals one of the most stunning views in Rio de Janeiro. Climbing equipment and transportation are included for the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Private tour
- Equipment for use in the tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Pedra da Gavea
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
The Garganta do Ceu hike begins at the same starting point as Pedra da Gávea traditional hike. Though it is shorter, this hike is considered more difficult for being steeper and for demanding good orienteering in the Atlantic Rainforest. The forest is dense until reaching the Garganta do Ceu cave, from where you'll get one of the most beautiful views of the city of Rio de Janeiro. This cave is located on the south face of Pedra da Gavea, where the rock forms a beautiful natural frame and a viewpoint where you can see a unique angle of the Two Brothers hill and the São Conrado beach.
After a break for photos, there will be several steep obstacles and some basic rock climbing with the help of steel cables to overcome it. Then you will take the final trail to the summit of Pedra da Gávea. Your guide will assist you during the climb and use all the security techniques and procedures required. Once at the top, you will enjoy a masterful view of the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Pedra da Gavea is the biggest block of solid rock by the sea in the world and at the top of its 844 meters, you can see the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, the Jockey Club, the Botafogo cove, the Aterro do Flamengo, the Sugar Loaf mountain, the Morro da Urca, the Pedra Bonita, the Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer Statue and the other mountains of the Tijuca Forest and landmarks such as Guanabara Bay, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos Region. The way back is along the trail of Pedra da Gavea traditional, via Carrasqueira, using a similar technique to rappel (abseiling), but the one who controls the equipment and the descent is the guide.
This hiking tour takes place inside the C sector of Tijuca National Park, which means that you are within Rio de Janeiro Atlantic Rainforest and have great chances to spot wild animals during the hike. Be part of the select group of adventurers who has visited Garganta do Ceu.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Praça Desembargador Araújo Jorge, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, 22611-022, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located on the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended this tour involves a high amount of walking
- A backpack is mandatory
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.