Gansbaai Shark Diving Extreme Adventure Transfer
This transfer will take you to Gansbaai, the shark capital of the world. In Gansbaai shark cage diving, you will get your adrenaline pumping full time as you behold great White Sharks encircling your cage. Truly you cannot be in Cape Town and not take part in Shark diving for Cape Town is literally the head office of shark diving in the world.
Extreme shark adventures happen in Dyer Island. Sharks like this place due to its high population of seals. The island has a large marine bird population including Jackass Penguins, Bank Cormorants, Kelp gulls, rare African Black Oystercatchers and various other marine birds.
After watching sharks and some other marine population you will meet some local fisherman that sell fish for a braai (barbecue). The adventure is endless from start to finish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Light lunch will be served
- All diving equipment such as wet-suits, booties, masks, wet weather protective jackets and clean dry towels are provided
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hot shower
What's excluded :
- Shark Diving DVD
- Shark Diving fees of R2000 payable to boat company
- Entry/Admission - Gansbaai Tourism
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gansbaai Tourism, The Great White Junction, Main Road, Gansbaai, Overstrand 7220 South Africa
This transfer on our luxurious vehicle will take you to the world-famous whale watching coastal town of Gansbaai. We will help you book with only the right, professional and proven shark diving operators in the industry.
We will lead you to the right shark diving companies that operate boats that have all safety equipment, has personal with decades of experience and appropriate insurance cover so that you will have peace of mind as you come to very, very short distances from predatory sharks.
You will experience an extreme adventure wherein your adrenaline will be pumping full time as you behold great White Sharks circle your cage during a shark cage diving adventure.
Surely, you cannot be in Cape Town and not take part in a Shark diving adventure for Cape Town is literally the head office of shark diving in the world!
Book your return transfer to the shark capital today for a trip of a lifetime. We only place our top guards on this route for it is a bit longish (163km from Cape Town CBD) so that you may learn a lot of facts about Cape Town and local wisdom for you to be savvy whilst in Cape Town.
We look forward to being with you on this trip. Perhaps, the only drawback we must point out with Shark Diving is it depends on the weather conditions. As such, trips are normally confirmed a day before the actual adventure date, hence our advice for you to book today in advance; although late bookings can sometimes make it.
> Up to 2hrs drive along the N2 Highway or to Hermanus turn off.
> Shark cage diving with the great white sharks
> Video shooting
> Pick up from Hotel
> Drive to Gansbaai
> Breakfast on arrival
> Tour Orientation
> Launch from Gansbaai harbour
> Shark Cage diving
> Viewing the Great White Sharks
> Return to Harbour
> Viewing DVD and handing out certificates
> Wine tasting
> Return back to the Cape Town
> You are picked up from your accommodation in Cape Town as per information provided prior the day
> Drive via N2 and turn off on the Hermanus turn off.
> On arrival you are welcomed with a continental breakfast
> Diving start between 10:00hrs and 12:00 noon from the Kleinbaai harbour – times depend on the tide and weather.
> You then have continental breakfast and payments are made (visa and MasterCard’s accepted)
> Then after signing indemnities you are taken through a safety briefing which covers route, trip duration and possible marine wildlife which you may encounter albeit in their natural habitat.
> After that you will then launch to your spot as directed by the skipper based on the weather conditions and current sightings.
> You then drop anchor at your chosen spot where the crew attracts the great whites with a special “charm” which brings these apex predators to within arm's length while in the boat or cage
> By then you are afforded a lifetime opportunity to photograph or video shoot these apex predators either from the boat or from the cage –visibility is still the same.
> The round boat trip to and from the harbour normally takes 3 to 4 hrs very much depend on the shark activity.
> Safety briefing is given to all tourists in detail and must be obeyed at all times for your own safety.
> On completion of the trip you are taken back to the crew house where you will have a light lunch and view your action-packed DVD’s.
> Shark diving certificate is also issued and diving DVD’s are also obtained on request
PASSENGER REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
> If you are prone to motion sickness we recommend that you contact a pharmacist prior to the trip and acquire the necessary medication which should be taken prior to the trip.
> Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to the trip
> You do not require any previous diving experience or qualifications. You hold your breath and view the white sharks swim pass you. You simply hold your breath and go underwater for few seconds.
> We do not use air, it is believed that the bubbles keep the sharks away from the cage.
> Surface viewing of the Great White Sharks is just as spectacular as the great white cage diving as sharks are surface feeders and can be observed closely and photographed from the boat.
> All diving equipment such as wetsuits, booties, masks. Wet weather-protective jackets and clean dry towels are provided and are included in the tour price.
> On return to our crew house, a hot shower is available at no charge
> Warm clothing including a change of underwear, cap, sunblock, camera and films is essential items for the trip.
> A variety of fresh bread rolls, water, cool drinks, fruit & other snacks are provided onboard. Please help yourself
> A USB Flash Disc with the captured priceless memories of the trip will be available after the trip at an additional cost of R300
> After an action-filled day with these Apex predators we drive back to Cape Town.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Cape Town, Lodges, Bnbs, Guest Houses and Hostels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- If you are prone to motion sickness we recommend that you contact a pharmacist prior to the trip and acquire the necessary medication which should be taken prior to the trip.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to the trip
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.