Gamla stan - Old town City walk
Stress free city walk with an authorized Stockholm guide. You will receive information from the past, historic details as well as interesting anecdotes and the latest gossip. Photos from the past in a combination with storytelling and questions of today makes the tour complete.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- An authorized Stockholm guide for 90 minutes
What's excluded :
- No entrance or transport included.
Gamla Stan, the Old Town, is one of the largest and best preserved medieval city centers in Europe, and this is where Stockholm was founded in 1252. All of Gamla Stan is like a living pedestrian-friendly museum full of sights, attractions, restaurants, cafés, bars, and places to shop. The narrow winding cobblestone streets, with their buildings in so many different shades of gold, give Gamla Stan its unique character. Even now cellar vaults and frescoes from the Middle Ages can be found behind the visible facades, and on snowy winter days, the district feels like something from a storybook. This city walk will take you to some of the most famous buildings but also to less known streets and to admire some of the most beautiful doors and doorways.
• Stortorget, Gamla Stan, Stockholm Sweden
• Obelisk at Slottsbacken, Slottsbacken, 1, Stockholm 11130 Sweden
• Royal Palace, Slottsbacken 1, Old Town, Stockholm 111 30 Sweden
• Marten Trotzigs grand, Marten Trotzigs Grand Old town, Stockholm 11129 Sweden
• Jarnpojken, Slottsbacken 2 B-C, Stockholm 111 30 Sweden
Departure Point :Birger Jarls Torg, 111 28 Stockholm, Sweden
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Old Town is built on cobbled stones, can be difficult to walk on.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.