Galle Day Tour From Galle
Galle day tour mainly covers Galle Dutch fort, Madhu river and turtles conservation centre in Balapitiya.
Galle is a city on the south coast of Sri Lanka. It is famous for the Galle Dutch Fort plus breathtaking beaches along its coastline. Galle Dutch Fort is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Sri Lanka.
Madu River is located in the south of Sri Lanka near Galle. The water of the river is dotted with small islands and the banks are all covered with lush mangrove forests that are home to dozens of incredible animal species.
South coast is also important nesting grounds for sea turtles. A number of sea turtle conservation centres operate along the beach to ensure the safety of sea turtle nests. Altogether, five sea turtles nest in Sri Lankan beaches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Hotel pick up and drop off to most closely located hotels in Galle.
- 500ml mineral water bottle per person during the tour.
- All Government Taxes.
What's excluded :
- Any Meals.
- Entrance fess to the sites which is not mentioned in inclusions.
- Madu River Boat fee.
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
- Entry/Admission - Turtle Hatchery Hikkaduwa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
08.00 AM - You will be greeted and picked up by our driver from most closely located hotels in Galle and then taken to explore Galle Fort. The Galle Dutch Fort is a seventeenth-century colonial fort in Sri Lanka. It stands on a rocky promontory facing the Indian Ocean. Rocky shores and an imposing landside rampart defend it on all four directions. It was the Portuguese who chose Galle as a permanent trading post in 1588.
11.00 PM - After the Fort visit, you will be taken to a local restaurant to enjoy your lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
12.00 PM - Thereafter, you will enjoy a scenic boat ride in Balapitiya Madu River. The water of the river is dotted with small islands and the banks are all covered with lush mangrove forests that are home to dozens of incredible animal species. Enjoy hundreds of vibrant tropical birds and a few crocodiles if you’re lucky enough.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Turtle Hatchery Hikkaduwa, Galle Road Colombo, Hikkaduwa 80240 Sri Lanka
04.30 PM - After the boat ride, you will be able to visit a Turtle Rehabilitation Centre. In here, you will learn about how these people protect sea turtle eggs and increase hatching rates. Start from protecting the mother turtle during the nesting process and when she is finished laying the eggs and safely back in the ocean, then relocate the eggs from the beach to there hatchery. When the baby sea turtles hatch and then return them to their natural habitat quickly.
04.00 PM - After the Hatchery visit, you will be taken back to your hotel in Galle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Galle, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Galle.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Entrance fees to Turtle Hatchery US$2.00 per person (Approximately).
- Madu River Boat fee US$ 17.00 (Approximately) which can accommodate up to 6 people.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.