Galle Day Tour
unique - 100% customer satisfaction - Trustworthy - tailor made - private transport - famous day tour
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal expenses - Optional activities fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Galle Day Tour
Galle, 119km from Colombo, is a major city situated at the tip of the South Western coast of Sri Lanka. Being a coastal area, it is quite hot and humid but has an abundance of beautiful beaches in every town that you pass while travelling from Colombo to Galle. The Galle Fort was built by the Portuguese, fortified later by the Dutch and is well preserved till today. In addition to the Portuguese and Dutch remains, you will also find many British mansions left behind. As for beaches, the Unawatuna Bay probably tops it all and is safe for snorkelling and swimming because a reef protects it. There you have it, a day tour of the city of Galle in a nutshell. In case there is a delay in your departure, try using the Southern Expressway, a recently built highway that can take you to Galle in half the time.
Places you will visit
Visit Galle Fort Dutch city
The Dutch Fort in Galle is one of the best-preserved sea forts in all of South Asia. UNESCO recognized it in the late 1980s as a unique example of urban ensemble that exhibits a fusion of European architecture as well as South Asian traditions between the 16th to 19th centuries.
Madu River Boat Ride
The famous unforgettable river boat safari in Madu Ganga is GOALS! And yes, don’t miss the fish spa! One of the best excursions that can be done while in Sri Lanka, this Boat Ride will give you the comfort of a lifetime and is bound to keep you dazed and amazed at what Sri Lanka has to offer each and every single nature lover.
Visit Weligama stilt Fisherman and beautiful beach
Here you can observe the old and mind-boggling custom of using stilts for fishing. These fishermen are often seen on the beaches at sunset, noon and sunrise. They walk into the water with their poles and engraft them into the seabed, and balance themselves on a cross bar attached to the pole.
Turtle Hatchery and Farm
Turtle hatchery: This is where sea turtles are preserved in Sri Lanka. It is a non-profit organization maintained to preserve sea turtles for the coming generation. Since its establishment in 1986, approximately 500000 sea turtles have been released into the ocean.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Colombo , Negombo , Mt Lavinia , Wadduwa , KalutaraAirports
- Bandaranaike International Airport, Canada Friendship Rd, කටුනායක 11450, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.