Galle city tour - Private day tour from Colombo or Negombo
Visit he top attractions in stunning, history-filled Galle, plus the scenic wetlands along the Madu River. On this full-day excursion, you’ll travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle from Colombo or Negombo. Visit colonial-era landmarks like Galle Fort and the Dutch Reformed Church, and enjoy stops at natural attractions, from a sea turtle hatchery to river islands.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
- Entry/Admission - Sea Turtle Hatchery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Galle Fort on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka is the unmissable destination of the region. It is easily and best explored on foot. Here’s how. Built by the Portuguese, fortified by the Dutch, modified by the British and restored by the Sri Lankans after the 2004 Tsunami, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Galle Fort marks out Galle as Sri Lanka’s most intriguing city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
There’s plenty more to do at Madu river boat safari; quench your thirst with a refreshing drink of King Coconut Water and then proceed towards the Buddhist Monastery, see how Kraal fishing is carried out, how Ceylon Cinnamon is peeled and enjoy some ‘fish therapy’ as they playfully nibble your feet at the ‘fish spa’. If it’s later in the evening watch the fishermen in their canoes lighting lanterns on traps that catch prawn and other shellfish. It’s certainly going to be a memorable day-out on the serene waters of the unforgettable Madu River!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sea Turtle Hatchery, E.K.Sunil Fernando S.A.Rohan Chaminda, Urawatte, Ambalangoda 80300 Sri Lanka
The Turtle Care Centre at Kosgoda beach is one of 18 turtle hatcheries along the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The centre is located in the South Western coastal village of Kosgoda and was establised in 1981. It is also very popular as all five species of turtles that visit Sri Lanka nest in Kosgoda. This is not so with many of the other hatcheries around the island whose beaches host only some of the species.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Negombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.