Gala Concert with Cimbalom Show in Budapest
Enjoy a Budapest Gala Concert at Pesti Vigadó or Danube Palace, choosing seats in the front or middle rows. Music from the Danube Symphony Orchestra is enhanced by a typical Hungarian folk instrument, the cimbalom, and the concert gives you the unique opportunity to enjoy some of history's most famous classical melodies in Hungarian style. Watch other performances including ballet dancers and soloists from the Budapest Operetta Theatre
per adult from
3 days 18 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Show ticket (category depending on the booked option)
- Transfer if specified in chosen option
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Danube Palace, Zrinyi utca 5, Budapest 1051 Hungary
In the Danube Palace:
May: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
June: 6, 27
July: 18, 25
August: 8, 15, 22, 29
December: 27, 30
Your evening concert takes place at Pesti Vigadó or Danube Palace, a splendid neo-baroque-style concert hall in Budapest. A host will direct you to your seat in the front or middle rows of the intimate theater for the start of the Danube Symphony Orchestra concert.
Formed in 1961, the Danube Symphony Orchestra has become a sensation throughout Europe, with a repertoire that covers almost every musical style, from baroque music to modern music of the 20th century. What's unique about this orchestra is that they perform famous classical melodies accompanied by the cimbalom, a typical Hungarian instrument played by striking two beaters against a range of strings. You can only enjoy this type of sound in Hungary!
Along with music from the Danube Symphony Orchestra, the Budapest Gala Concert includes performances by ballet dancers, Budapest Operetta Theatre and a Hungarian folk band. A solo performance by a singer from Hungary's Virtuosos Talent Show also takes place.
Every concert consists of two parts, between 40 and 45 minutes each (see sample program below). During the intermission, you can have a drink at the bar, purchase DVDs of the Danube Symphony Orchestra or browse Hungarian souvenirs.
• Berlioz: Rákóczi March
• Erkel: Palotás from the opera László Hunyadi
• Delibes: Coppelia – Tschardas
• Bartók: Romanian folk dances
• Haydn: Farewell Symphony IV Movement
• Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
• Kálmán: Devil-Rider – Palotás
• Lehár: Gold and Silver Waltz
• Liszt: Love Dreams
• Folk-song adaptation: Under the Mountains of Csitár
• Kodály: Intermezzo
• Monti: Csárdás
• Strauss: Long Live the Hungarians!
• Strauss: Radetzky March
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pesti Vigado, Vigado ter 2., Budapest 1051 Hungary
In the Pesti Vigadó:
June: 13, 20
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Danube Palace, Budapest, Zrínyi u. 5, 1051 Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that pickup is only included if specified in option.We pick up guests from centrally located hotels in Budapest.
Departure Time :8:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking if you require wheelchair assistance
- Meeting time for the Show: 7.30pm; Dates: Show in Danube Palace (1051, Budapest Zrinyi street 5.) Aug: 10 • Sept: 7, 14, 21, 28 • Oct: 5, 12, 19, 26 • Dec: 25, 27, 30 Show In Pesti Vigadó (1051, Vigadó square 2.) Aug. 17, 24, 31
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note that guidance is only included in case of the VIP category
- Most travelers can participate
- Concert venue: Danube palace (or Pesti Vigadó)
- IMPORTANT - Concert venue is the Danube Palace on the following dates: May: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 June: 6, 27 July: 18, 25 August: 8, 15, 22, 29 September: 5,12,19,26 October: 3,10,17,24,31 December: 27, 30
- IMPORTANT - Concert venue is the Pesti Vigadó on the following dates: June: 13, 20 July: 4,11
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.