Gain Knowledge Of Zanzibar Slave Trade
Join this excursion designed to see the main sites of the infamous trade and to have knowledge about the slave trade in Zanzibar. Sites like the Dhow Harbour, Mbweni Ruins, Mangapwani's slave chambers, coral caves, Livingstone House, and more will expand your horizon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Guiding fees
- Entry/Admission - Mangapwani Coral Cave
- Entry/Admission - Old Slave Market/Anglican Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Mbweni Ruins
What's excluded :
- personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mangapwani Coral Cave, Tanzania
At Mangapwani, you can visit the slave chambers which were used as a place of concealment of the human cargo waiting for the monsoons and the arrival of the dhows to be exiled away from home at the time of the abolishment of the slave trade, not only that but you can walk through the Coral caves with a pond of fresh water. This cave was also used to hide slaves after the legal abolition of slavery on the island.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Slave Market/Anglican Cathedral, Mkunazini Road, Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
Zanzibar was commonly known as an important centre for the slave trade along the eastern coast of Africa. This Zanzibar trade left the significant historical sites which are rich with huge of interesting information. The full day excursion designed to visit the main sites of the infamous trade and to have knowledge about the slave trade in Zanzibar.
The excursion begins at the Dhow Harbour in Malindi, where slave ships brought their human cargo from Tanganyika (Bagamoyo) to Zanzibar and on to the world beyond, then heading to the house of Tippu Tip, the notorious Arab slave trader. The tour continues at the Anglican Church, built by missionary Edward Steere on the old slave market, site of human misery for hundreds of years, all of these sites are in stone town.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Mbweni Ruins, 6 km from Stone Town Tanzania
After finishing the stone town sites, drive to Mbweni, past the missionary graves to visit Mbweni Ruins, formerly a school for freed slave girls.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
The travelers should give us detail information about the place he/she will be and he/she will find us by check the logo of company in Vehicle arranged to pick him/her at meeting point. Airports
- Kisauni Airport, Tanzania
- Malindi Guest House, Funguni Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.