"Gabo Márquez" Tour - Aracataca and Cienaga
Among the towns of the Magdalena Province, there are stories, thousands of them in silence, perhaps as the Colombian literary Nobel would say: you have to live to tell it, this tour evokes the literary world of Gabriel García Márquez, making a journey through his real and imaginary history captured in books, all through the recognition of the two cities that most influenced his writings: Aracataca and Ciénaga, Capital of the Magical Realism.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Fruit
- Medical Insurance
- Lunch - According to the menu of the day.
What's excluded :
- DOES NOT INCLUDE food or services not mentioned.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality, Magdalena Department
- We pick up the tourists at their lodging at 08:00am and then take the road that connects us to the municipality of Aracataca.
Stop At: Zona Bananera, Zona Bananera, Magdalena Department
- We will have a 1:30hr drive to Aracataca and stop halfway to buy a snack.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aracataca, Aracataca, Magdalena Department
- When we arrive in Aracataca we will start with the first part of the tour at the Casa del Telegrafista and continue through the Plaza Bolivar, Casa Museo Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Biblioteca Remedios La Bella, Plaza de los Almendros, Escuela Montessori, Casa de la Logia Masónica until the train station.
- Around noon, being at the Train Station, we will enjoy lunch.
- After lunch we will go to the Cienaga where we will have a 1 hour rest in the car.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cienaga, Cienaga, Magdalena Department
- Between 2:00pm and 3:00pm we will be arriving at the municipality of Cienaga.
- We will start the second part of our tour with a visit to the Public Market to see the sculpture of Prometheus and the place where the Banana Massacre took place.
- After that we will go to the Plazoleta Principal.
- From the square we continue the tour visiting the San Juan Bautista Church, the Templete, Alvaro Cepeda Samudio's House and the Blue Palace.
- After the tour of the Plaza we will go to the beach to visit the Cayman Monument where we will also stop to take photographs.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality, Magdalena Department
- We finish our visit to Cienaga taking the way out to Santa Marta and passing by the famous Casa del Diablo.
- We will return to Santa Marta between 5:00pm and 6:00pm to end the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.