Furnas Hot Springs Half-Day Tour
Furnas is by many the Ex-libris of tourism in the Azores, due to its volcanic activity, because of the fumaroles, the hot springs, boilers, gastronomy, the lake and surrounding area, as well as its Botanicals Gardens and the thermal baths.
On this half-day tour to Furnas, you will get to know one of the tea plantations and its factory, where you will get to know the entire process of making tea.
Along our tour, we have several and different stops in places of great tourist interest, highlighting views of the north and south coast of the island of São Miguel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Tour Guided in Tea Plantation and Factory
- Liquor Tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Miradouro de Santa Iria, Porto Formoso, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Portugal
Viewpoint over the North coast of the island of São Miguel, with a beautiful view over the sea and over the tip of Cintrão in this place we can also see the highest peak of São Miguel (Pico da Vara).
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana, Sao Miguel 9625-304 Portugal
Located in Gorreana, the Gorreana tea factory that has been operating since 1883, being a family business, has passed from generation to generation and withstood different crises. It is the largest tea factory in São Miguel, where it produces various types of tea, in which Green Tea and Black Tea (Pekoe, Orange Pekoe and Broken Leaf), are the most appreciated by locals and visitors. It is possible to visit and explore the facilities and get to know the whole process and preparation of tea and enjoy a cup of tea at the end of the visit. There is a trail through the plantation where you can get to know Gorreana's tea plantations better
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pico do Ferro Viewpoint, Furnas, Povoacao, Sao Miguel 9675 Portugal
This viewpoint has a magnificent and panoramic view over the Furnas lake and valley, from where we can see the dimension of what was the largest volcano on the island of São Miguel and we can also see in this viewpoint the fumaroles next to the lake and the place where it is made the Furnas stew, the viewpoint is well maintained and flowered, with three observation points, allowing you to enjoy the place and the views in different perspectives.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Caldeira das Furnas, Furnas, Povoacao, Sao Miguel 9675 Portugal
Located in the village of Furnas, the boilers and fumaroles provide an unforgettable experience, not only for its atmosphere, but for the sulfur odors, the noise that comes from the boilers, the steam that comes out of them, but also due to the high number of different springs of water, which can be, carbonated, iron, sour or even hot. Many locals enjoy this place, not only for its waters, but also for the small traditional trade with different local delicacies and not only, with corn being boiled in one of the boilers chosen by the majority of the population.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Lagoa das Furnas, Estrada Regional Do Sul, Lagoa Das Furnas Caldeiras Das Furnas, Sao Miguel 9675 Portugal
Mandatory stop by the Furnas Lake, not only for the landscape around the lake, also for the existence of fumaroles and where a place where it is possible to cook typical Azorean cuisine on volcanic soil with high temperatures, where one of the most popular dishes made by the locals and by those who visit us is made, which is Furnas stew. Where you can watch the pans being removed from under the floor and then transported to different restaurants.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Nossa Senhora da Paz, Rua da Paz, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel 9680 Portugal
Located in Vila Franca do campo, the Chapel or chapel Nª Senhora da Paz, has a viewpoint with a magnificent and panoramic view over Vila franca do Campo, from where you can see several pineapple plantations, bananas, the islet of Vila Franca do Campo and sometimes the island of Sta Maria, it is also possible to visit the chapel.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we can also do the pick up, at your hostel, accommodation or meeting point.Airports
- João Paulo II Airport, 9500-749 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
- Nas Portas do Mar, Portas do Mar, Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.