Full-day Xitang Water Town Tour from Hangzhou
Discover one of the most wonderful water villages in China, the town of Xitang on this 8-hour private tour. Explore the picturesque water town with its stone pavements winding between antique buildings and ancient stone bridges that cross scenic water pathways.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional and friendly English speaking guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Transport by vehicle or minivan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xitang Ancient Town, Xitang Town, Jiashan County 314100 China
Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
The guide will pick you up at 8:30 at your hotel lobby, and then will be transfer to Xitang water town.
To call this lovely water-village an oriental Venice would be wildly over the mark, yet it shares similarities with its more famous Italian counterpart. Canals dissect twisting narrow lanes and pathways, rendering the community traffic-free and boat friendly. Worn stone steps lead down to the waters and hopelessly pretty bridges span them. But Xitang is on an altogether smaller, happily domestic scale, and no matter how hard it tries, tourism is mercifully still in its infancy.
In Xitang fishing junks are still in everyday use - easily identified because they're covered in cormorants - and jostle alongside the myriad tourist boats. They're the source of local delicacies, including Fenhu Lake crabs, shrimps, eels, clams and turtles. Legs of pork hung in an open shed, were ready to be steamed on lotus leaves and served up with trotter sauce.
Even though Xitang is small, it's something of a centre for the arts. In summer, traditional folk operas, concerts and a local cinema play by the waterside in the open-air. And all year-round, young artists from the cities come to paint the alleyways and canals.
At the end of the day, your guide drops you off at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress in comfortable shoes
- Minimum age of 2 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.