Full Day White-Water Rafting in the Urubamba River (Cusco)
The Urubamba river has a lot to offer! The white water offers us a great experience doing the rafting, depending the section of the river and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuquicahuna- (CHUQUI)”-section on the Upper Urubamba. Here, we can find good class II-rapids and the water is not contaminated (as unfortunately some other river sections in the Sacred Valley of the Incas). This section is perfect for one-day-tours with nice class II, III and IV plus rapids, riding along the river while enjoying excellent scenic views with big eucalyptus trees and many beautiful flowers. This white water rafting section is open all year long; from early december to late march the river even offers class IV-rapids.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from Cusco to the set-off at the River
- Local cell phone
- 24-hour-support from company owner
- All the rafting equipment such as helmet , life jacket, paddle, self-bailing Raft
- Spray jacket, wet suit , safety kayaker
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back to Cusco
- All activities
What's excluded :
- Insurance of any kind
- In the early morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and then start our 1,5 hour-journey until we arrive at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River, at the “CUSIPATA RIVER SECTION”, our private campground. Our professional Rafting Guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the necessary Rafting equipment. We will be floating along the river for approximately two and a half hours, traversing class II and III rapids. During the rainy season from december to early march, the rapids can even be class IV and IV plus.
Afterwards, we arrive at the”CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, where we a enjoy both a hot sauna and hot showers and then a delicious full course lunch. As an option, you can do a ZIP-LINE over 4 cables across the river. Our return to Cusco should be in the afternoon around 05:00 pm. That same evening, you will be able to look at the great pictures we did during our trip.
Departure Point :your hotel in Cusco
Return Detail :your hotel in Cusco
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you to bring:
- A complete set of dry clothing
- A pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river that will get wet
- Sun block
- A small towel
- A bathing suit to wear under the wet suit
- A good positive mental attitude
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.