Full-Day Whales & The Princess Ring Islet (incl. Lunch)
Whales, Food, and the Princess Ring Islet - Full Day. Enjoy a Whale Watching boat tour, local food lunch at a seafront village restaurant, and ferry on a traditional fishing boat to snorkel and explore the Islet of Vila Franca do Campo!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided Marine Wildlife Tour
- Lunch with local food, inclusive of entree, main, complimentary drinks and dessert
- Admission to natural reserve Islet of Vila Franca do Campo
- Snorkeling Mask and Tube
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
- Personal Water supply
- Personal Swimwear
- Meet us at the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo for check-in at the specified time.
The day starts with a short briefing on Cetaceans (Whales and Dolphins), local species, behavioral patterns, and onboard safety. Everyone will then follow the Guide and Skipper to their designated boat for an approximately 3-hour Marine Wildlife tour.
At 11:30 it is time to return for a local food lunch at a seafront village restaurant - at walking distance.
At 13:30 meet us back to be provided with snorkeling gear, and a ticket to travel 10 minutes on a converted traditional fishing boat to the islet’s inside, now self-guided and free to explore the natural reserve Princess Ring, just outside the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo, and perfect for exploring, bathing, swimming and snorkeling.
From then, boats depart back to the Marina on every hour until 17:30 - be sure not to miss it! We’ll be waiting for you at our Base for check-out and returning your snorkeling gear.
Know before you go - eat light and bring personal water supply, swimsuit, towel, warm clothing, sunscreen and chapstick. Light food is permitted, a camera is essential - protect any personal equipment.
• Azores Whale Watching TERRA AZUL, Marina de Vila Franca do Campo, Loja 4 Island of São Miguel, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel 9680-187 Portugal
• Vila Franca do Campo, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel, Azores
• Islet of Vila Franca do Campo, Parque Industrial de Vila Franca 500m Offshore, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel 9680-114 Portugal
• Selected local Starter
• Selected local main dish - complimentary drinks are included.
• Selected local Dessert
Departure Point :Azores Whale Watching TERRA AZUL™, R. da Marina 4, 9680-187 Vila Franca Do Campo, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups are charged separately, are subject to availability, and commence prior to designated time. Contact us to book and confirm your exact pickup time.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT it is not possible to control animals' behavior in the wild, or to guarantee that you will see a specific species at a specific time frame.
- English is the official language, but our team is multinational and will do their best to accommodate your preferred language (this is not guaranteed).
- At the Islet, all individuals are responsible to comply with the natural reserve’s rules.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No Children under the age of 4
- Most travelers can participate
- Special Dietary Restrictions must be notified upon reservation for required adjustments
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Breathing mask usage is mandatory at all times. Disposable breathing masks available for sale at minimum cost. If you feel sick, fever, sore throat or cough, please inform us as soon as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.