Full-Day Whales & Lagoa do Fogo Volcano (incl. Lunch)
See Whales, Dolphins, and Lagoa do Fogo - enjoy local food, magnificent island views, learn about volcanoes, bathe at Caldeira Velha hotsprings or Salto do Cabrito cold waterfall - a Full Day!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided Marine Wildlife Tour
- Guided Van Tour (air-conditioned)
- Lunch - Lunch with local food, inclusive of entree, main, complimentary drinks and dessert
- Admission to Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre and HotSprings
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
- Personal Water supply
- Personal Swimwear - Hot Springs’ mineral water will damage your swimwear color - bring one you can spare!
- The day starts with a short briefing on Cetaceans (Whales and Dolphins), local species, behavioral patterns, and onboard safety. Everyone will then follow the Guide and Skipper to their designated boat for an approximately 3-hour Marine Wildlife tour.
Then it is time to return to the Marina for a local food lunch at a seafront village restaurant - at walking distance from our Base.
At 13:15 meet us back at the Marina, for a van tour up Monte Escuro to the protected Natural Reserve and Volcano of Lagoa do Fogo, stopping for photos and São Miguel’s best views over the island and turquoise lake.
Head down the mountain northbound, passing by Caldeira Velha’s environmental centre for information on the volcanic origin of the islands, biodiversity, geodiversity, and geothermal resources.
Optionally take a thermal bath in Caldeira Velha’s hot springs, or further ahead on the refreshing cold waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, surrounded by untouched beautiful lush green flora.
With any time left, further down the mountain you can visit Ribeira Grande’s historical centre and 16th century fountain of Largo de São Pedro, ending at northern Santa Barbara Beach.
• Islet of Vila Franca do Campo, Parque Industrial de Vila Franca 500m Offshore, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel 9680-114 Portugal
• Lagoa do Fogo, Miradouro da Serra Barrosa Agua de Pau, Sao Miguel Portugal
• Bela Vista Viewpoint, Er 5 2, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel 9600-501 Portugal
• Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre, Estrada Regional da Lagoa do Fogo, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel 9600-501 Portugal
• Salto do Cabrito, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Portugal
• Ribeira Grande, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel, Azores
• Selected Local Starter
• Selected Local Main Dish - complimentary drinks included.
• Selected Local Dessert
Departure Point :Azores Whale Watching TERRA AZUL™, R. da Marina 4, 9680-187 Vila Franca Do Campo, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
All pickups are charged separately, are subject to availability, and commence prior to designated time. Contact us to book and confirm your exact pickup time and added pickup charges.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Know before you go: Eat light, and bring your personal water supply, towel, swimwear, full change of warm clothing, sunscreen and chapstick. Light food is permitted, and a Camera is essential, especially for photography lovers - protect any personal equipment.
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT it is not possible to control animals' behavior in the wild, or to guarantee that you will see a specific species at a specific time frame.
- English is the official language, but our team is multinational and will do their best to accommodate your preferred language (this is not guaranteed).
- Most travelers can participate
- Special Dietary Restrictions must be notified upon reservation for required adjustments.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Breathing mask usage is mandatory at all times. Disposable breathing masks available for sale at minimum cost. If you feel sick, fever, sore throat or cough, please inform us as soon as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.