Full-day Vitosha Mountain Snowshoe Hiking Tour from Sofia
Escape the crowds and winter smog in the city and enjoy the fresh mountain air of Vitosha Mountain – the oldest national park of the Balkans. Climb Cherni Vruh (2290 m a.s.l.) – the highest peak of the mountain, admiring breathtaking panoramas. Whether you are a summer hill walker or a non-skier visiting Bulgaria, you will be surprised and delighted by how easily you can dive into the tranquility of a winter wonderland, within a day trip from Sofia led by an expert.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All local taxes.
- All transfers with private car or minivan as per itinerary
- English-speaking licensed mountain guide throughout the tour
- Hire of snowshoes and walking poles
- Pick-up / drop-off at your hotel or address within the city of Sofia
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (except hot tea provided by the guide)
- Other personal expenses
- Personal mountain / travel insurance
- Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel or address in Sofia for a wonderful journey to Aleko mountain resort, situated within an hour drive from the city center at 1840 m a.s.l. The guide will help you with the snowshoe’s binding adjustment and give you a short briefing regarding the simple technique of walking with them, before heading towards the highest peak of Vitosha mountain (Cherni Vruh, 2290 m a.s.l.). The walk in the winter wonderland begins with a gentle ascent and soon you will get above the tree line admiring great panorama. You will reach the top of the mountain in about 2 hours, where you will have a break for a warm herbal tea provided by the guide before heading back towards Aleko resort, enjoying the wonderful views of the Bulgarian capital. At the end of the walk you will have a transfer to the city, where your guide will leave you at your place.
Walking (snowshoeing) time: approx. 4 -5 hours
Total ascent / descent: approx. 500 m
Duration of the transfers: approx. 2 hours
Departure Point :Your hotel or address within the city of Sofia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Recommended equipment: Comfortable winter boots (at least 3 season waterproof hiking boots with ankle support), warm fleece, warm jacket (water and windproof if possible), winter pants (ski pants), warm gloves, winter hat, sunglasses with high UV protection, ski goggles (recommended in case of strong wind), sunscreen lotion (high factor), thermos bottle (to prevent your water freezing), lunch pack, comfortable day pack for your personal belongings.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.