Full-Day Uros and Taquile Island Tour from Puno
Spend a full day exploring the islands of Uros and Taquile in Peru's Lake Titicaca. On these unique floating islands, made of native "totora" reeds, as you interact with the people who live there. Learn about their customs and traditions, and be treated to a traditional lunch. A professional guide and all transportation to, from, and on the lake is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and Drop-off downtown Puno
- English speaking Tour guide on board
- Comfort Speed Boat with Lifejacket
- Entrance ticket to the Islands
- Lunch - Typical meals / Optional vegetarian
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Entry/Admission - Taquile Island
What's excluded :
- EXTRA Activity reed boat $.5
- Hotels Pickup out from the City, Libertador,San Antonio Additional Cost. $10
- Beverage Water, snack,
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, 21000 Peru
At 7:10 am pick-up from your hotel in Puno, transfer to the port. Then by confortable motor boat, (30 individual seats) we visit the Uros floating Islands. Stepping on them feels very much like a water bed (but it is quite safe). We see the houses, the islands and meet its inhabitants. Uros people are descendant of one of the oldest South American groups. Rides on traditional reed boats can be arranged. In the mornings these islands can be crowded. We visit two of the 80 islands before continuing on to "Taquile Island".
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca, Puno 21510 Peru
After a relaxed navigation of extra 1 hour and a half when we enjoy the spectacular views offered by Lake Titicaca, we get to "Taquile island". There a unique community can be observed. A long path gradually ascending will take us to the village (45 min. hike approx) to visit the communal cooperative where you will find handy craft textiles. Lunch at one of the many local restaurants. The views are magnificent. Then we descent 600 steps down to the main port of the island. At 15:40 hrs. Arrival to Puno then transfer to your hotel in Puno.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lest us know your hotel though E-mail or Whats App.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: There are toilets on board the speedboat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our company is taking biosecurity protocols to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Bring yourself! - Take with you a quick test discard of covid19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.