Full-Day Trip to Lake Manyara National Park from Arusha
Stretching for 50 km along the base of the rusty–gold 600 meters high Rift Valley escarpment, Lake Manyara is a scenic gem, with a setting extolled by Ernest Hemingway as “the loveliest I had seen in Africa”.
Morning departure at 8:00am from Arusha town to Lake Manyara National Park; after completing the necessary registration formalities at Lake Manyara National Park Gate you’ll enter the park. Lake Manyara is a shallow freshwater lake in Tanzania. Lake Manyara covers 127 square miles (329 km2) of Lake Manyara National Park, the lake’s alkaline waters cover approximately 89 square miles (231 km2). It is famous for a good number of baboons and birdlife, also home to herbivores such as hippos, impalas, elephants, wildebeests, buffalo, warthogs, and giraffes, giant fig trees and mahogany seen in the groundwater forest. Late in the afternoon you drive back to Arusha.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Park/Entry Fees
- Lunch Boxes
- 1.5ltr bottle of mineral water per person.
What's excluded :
- Flight Tickets
- Arusha Accomodation
- Traveler's Insurance
- Any items of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Manyara National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Arusha Region
Lake Manyara National Park is located 126 km (78 mi) south west of Arusha and can be reached by car in an hour and a half. The park can also be reached from Babati the capital of Manyara Region. Lake Manyara Airport is nearby. To the south, situated on the escarpment above the park, is the 35,399 ha Marang Forest Reserve. To the east is the Kwa Kuchinja Wildlife Migration corridor, which allows wildlife to migrate between the near-by Tarangire National Park to the southeast, Lake Manyara to the west, and the Engaruka Basin to the north. Within the Kwa Kuchinja corridor are several villages. Further from the lake and outside of village land is the 45,000-acre Manyara Ranch, a former livestock ranch, managed by the Tanzania Land Conservation Trust since 2001 and an important part of the corridor allowing wildlife movement between Tarangire and Lake Manyara national parks.
Duration: 7 hours
Pass By: Arusha Region, Arusha Region
Arusha is a city in north eastern Tanzania and the capital of the Arusha Region, with a population of 416,442 plus 323,198 in the surrounding Arusha District (2012 census). Located below Mount Meru on the eastern edge of the eastern branch of the Great Rift Valley, Arusha has a temperate climate. The city is close to the Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Lake Manyara National Park, Olduvai Gorge, Tarangire National Park, Mount Kilimanjaro, and Mount Meru in the Arusha National Park and is thus considered the safari capital of Tanzania.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Arusha, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers should communicate with the reservations office to ensure on time pick ups on the locations of their choosing.Airports
- Julius Nyerere International Airport, Julius K. Nyerere Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.