Full day Trekking Vinciguerra Glacier
Trekking to see the glacier Caves
Discover the Tempanos Lagoon
Be in touch with nature
Box Lunch included during this journey.
Professional guides during all the excursion
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided tour with an English/Spanish speaking guide
- Box-Lunch included with mineral water
- Roundtrip transportation from/to your centrally located hotel in Ushuaia
What's excluded :
- National Park entrance fees
- Personal expenses
Will enjoy one of the most demanding adventure in the End of the World. Will be in touch with the Vinciguerra Glacier and its Caves.
The tour begins in the morning with the transfer from the hotel to the Valley of Andorra, the place where many locals settled and formed one of the characteristic spontaneous urbanizations in Ushuaia. After leaving the vehicle, the walk goes along a meltwater, meandering river that goes through the peat bog that lines this valley. This wet and slippery
ground will be found along much of the walk; so remember to pack the appropriate footwear!
The ascent continues along a stream that feeds from a glacial lagoon where, a few decades ago, the Vinciguerra glacier used to have its terminus, and where it used to calve icebergs. Although nowadays the glacier retreated a few dozens of meters from the lagoon, it is now attractive for its caves and the magical gravitation it still has in this area of breathtaking views.
Hiking level: medium/high. 7:00 - 8:00 hs
Cumulative elevation gain: 750mts./2.400 ft.
Altitude gain: 550 mts. / 1.800 ft.
Distance covered: 11 km. / 6,8 miles.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform the hotel where you will be staying
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.