Full Day Trekking Tour In Munnar
At a height of 5,200 feet above sea level, Munnar is a hill-station in the South Indian state of Kerala. It was a favored summer resort for the British. This beautiful town is best known for its tea plantations that can be seen for miles around on the gentle slopes of the Western Ghats range of mountains. On this trekking tour discover the scenic beauty of Munnar as you walk past plantations and climb up gentle slopes.
• Plantations of tea, coffee and spices
• View of Anamudi peak and Idukki Dam
• Native bird species
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Munnar, Munnar, Idukki District, Kerala
You will be picked up from your hotel in Munnar in the morning and driven to the starting point of the trek at the base of Lakshmi Hills.
The trek will start at a height of 4,650 feet above sea level. Walk through the lush green tea plantations till you reach the first summit of the trek. Take in the scenic beauty of the slopes covered with large tea estates interspersed with woods. On clear days you can also see Anamudi, the highest peak of Kerala that is situated at a height of 8,842 feet. The water reservoir of the Idukki Dam, the third tallest dam in India is also visible from a distance.
Stop and take some rest and refreshments (own expense) before you continue your climb. The next part of the climb will be through a Nature Zone where you can see plantations of coffee and spices like nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper.
You can end the trek at an early stage too, if you so wish.
At the end of the trek, you will be driven back to Munnar and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Munnar, Munnar, Idukki District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.