Full Day - Trek to the Cachicata Quarries & Sun Gate
This full-day trek to the Cachicata quarries resides in an area of the Sacred Valley in the Ollantaytambo district, also known as the "living Inca city". This beautiful walk visits one of the least crowded attractions, on the outside of the town of Ollantaytambo, starting with the outdoor terraces of the main building that is the entire town.
To reach the quarry, we will first cross the Urubamba River on the Inka-bridge, and observe how ancient foundations still serve to this day for a modern structure to be laid across. Following the river, we will ascend to the first natural spring, with its terraces and Inka "swimming" pools, which used for irrigation.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation (touristic van)
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- Box Lunch
What's excluded :
- Walking Sticks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Cachicata Quarries resides in an area of the Sacred Valley in the district of Ollantaytambo, also known as the "living Inca city." This beautiful walk visits some of the lesser-known places outside of busy Ollantaytambo, starting with the outer-laying terraces of the main construction that is the entire village itself. To reach the quarry, we will first cross the Urubamba River on the Inka-bridge, and observe how ancient foundations still serve to this day for a modern structure to be laid across. Following the river, we will ascend to the first natural spring, with its terraces and Inka "swimming" pools, which used for irrigation. After about an hour, we will start to see "tired stones" or the stones that never made it to their final destination. After passing the second natural spring, we will enter the main area of the quarry where stones are extracted for the construction of the temples in the archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo. The views here of Ollantaytambo and the Sacred Valley beyond are phenomenal.
From here, it is possible to appreciate some vantage points that reveal some of the secrets held by Ollantaytambo, which can only be seen from above, such as the pyramid of Paqariqtampu and the imposing snow-capped mountains. Those who decide to undertake this cultural journey will experience the ancestral spirit of the Incas and with the energy of the Andes in their
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you from your hotel located in Cusco downtown.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The activities of each trip are monitored continuously, with particular emphasis on compliance with the rules of prevention, control, and response to any possible eventuality. Both the public and private sectors are implementing all the necessary biosecurity protocols for our visitors.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.