Full-Day Trek to Palcoyo Mountain
The adventure begins with a transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the starting point of the trek to the impressive Palcoyo mountain range. Alike Vinicunca, the 7-colour mountain, Palcoyo acquires its colouration due to minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, among others, accumulated over millions of years, which now offer a visual spectacle. Unlike Vinicunca, the arrival to the Palcoyo mountain range is of a moderate and accessible level since it is a walk without great slopes, reaching a maximum elevation of 4,900 metres above sea level. Upon arrival, enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain range and take a few minutes to appreciate the surroundings calmly thanks to the lower traffic of visitors in the area. After this visit, start the descent and enjoy a picnic-lunch while continuing to enjoy the view. When finished, you are transferred back to your hotel in Cusco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Box Brunch
- Admission to Palcoyo
- 01 trekking stick per person black diamond.
- Mineral water bottle
- Entry/Admission - Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
What's excluded :
- Horseback rides
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, 08230, Peru
Know the impressive Palcoyo mountain range. Alike Vinicunca, the 7-colour mountain, Palcoyo acquires its colouration due to minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, among others, accumulated over millions of years, which now offer a visual spectacle.
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Dress code: Mid weight thermal underwear tops and bottom, hiking socks (preferably wool), Synthetic or wool hiking pants, polar jacket.
- This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco downtown altitude)
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.