Full Day Tours to Citadel and Old Cairo Churches & Synagogue
Explore some of Cairo’s most historic monument in a private full-day sightseeing tour with an Egyptology guide. Visit the Hanging Church ,the Coptic Churches ,the Citadel of Saladin, and more.
Uncover the religious traditions of Egypt on a 8-hour tour of Cairo, visiting the Coptic churches ,the Citadel of Saladin, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, and more.
Following a hotel pick-up, a private Egyptology guide will take you to the Citadel of Saladin, constructed by Salah El Din in1183AD,in order to defend Cairo from the Crusaders.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour with a private guide
- Small Bottled water during your tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch during the tour
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
- Entry/Admission - Mosque of Muhammad Ali
What's excluded :
- Any Item not mentioned in the itinerary
- any personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coptic Cairo, Cairo Egypt
The 3rd-Century Saint Virgin Mary's Orthodox Church, also known as the Hanging Church, or El Muallaqa, is one of the oldest, and most famous Coptic churches in Egypt. Named for its superb location above agate house of the Babylon Fortress ,the church is approached via 29 steps and early travelers dubbed it the “Staircase Church.“
The land surface has risen by some 20 feet (6meters) since Roman times and the Roman tower is mostly buried below ground, affecting the visual impact of the church's elevated position. The 19th-Century facade, with its twin bellowers, can be seen be yond a narrow courtyard, decorated with modern biblical art.
You will also visit the Abu Serga Church of Coptic Cairo, believed to have been built on the spot where Joseph, Mary, and the infant Jesus Christ rested at the end of their journey into Egypt.
End your tour at the Ben Ezra Synagogue, located on the site where baby Moses was found
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Al Abageyah Shar'a Salih Salem, Cairo 11511 Egypt
A few years after defeating the Fatimid Caliphate, Saladin set out to build a wall that would surround both Cairo and Fustat. Built on a promontory beneath the Muqattam hills, a setting that made it difficult to attack, the efficacy of the Citadel's location is further demonstrated by the fact that it remained the heart of Egyptian government until the 19th-Century
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mosque of Muhammad Ali, Al Abageyah Qism El-Khalifa, Cairo 11511 Egypt
visit the Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque, designed by the architect Yousif Boushnaq for the19th-Century ruler of Egypt, Mohamed Ali.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick all travelers from any hotel in Egypt Airports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.