Full Day Tour to Segovia & Avila with Walking Tours Included
Enjoy this guided trip from Madrid to Segovia & Avila. Heading first to Segovia, witness one of the best remaining examples of Roman engineering. Explore the monuments of these historic cities at leisure.
Go on to meet Avila, the most ancient and completely fortified complex in Spain, learn more about Santa Teresa de Jesus and admire several Romanesque-style Churches, Gothic Palaces and the fortified Cathedral from the 12th century.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round trip by a comfortable bus
- English and Spanish Tour Guide
- A guided-walking tour throught the city of Segovia
- A guided-walking tour through the city of Avila
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Please note this is a bilingual tour held simultaneously in English and Spanish
What's excluded :
- Food, beverages or other services not specified
- Entrance tickets to the monuments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Segovia
- Entry/Admission - Alcazar of Segovia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acueduct of Segovia, Plaza del Azoguejo 1, 40001 Segovia Spain
Segovia Aqueduct, a world UNESCO world heritage site. t is one of the best-preserved elevated Roman aqueducts and the foremost symbol of Segovia, as evidenced by its presence on the city's coat of arms.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of Segovia, Plaza Mayor s/n, 40001 Segovia Spain
Segovia Cathedral is the Gothic-style Roman Catholic cathedral located in the main square (Plaza Mayor) of the city of Segovia, in the community of Castile-Leon, Spain. The church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, was built in a Gothic style in the mid-16th century.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Alcazar of Segovia, Plaza Reina Victoria Eugenia, S/N, 40003 Segovia Spain
The Alcázar of Segovia is a medieval alcázar located in the city of Segovia, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Rising out on a rocky crag above the confluence of two rivers near the Guadarrama mountains, it is one of the most distinctive castle-palaces in Spain by virtue of its shape – like the bow of a ship. The Alcázar was originally built as a fortress but has served as a royal palace, a state prison, a Royal Artillery College and a military academy since then. It is currently used as a museum and a military archives building.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Walls of Avila, Calle Tomas Luis de Victoria 6, 05001 Avila Spain
The work was started in 1090 but most of the defensive wall appears to have been rebuilt in the 12th century. The enclosed area is an irregular rectangle of 31 hectares with a perimeter of some 2,516 meters, including 88 semicircular towers. The walls have an average width of 3 metres and an average height of 12 metres. The nine gates were completed over several different periods.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Plaza de España, 7, 28008 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- 60-minute walking tour in Ávila and 90-minute walking tour in Segovia
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Careful attention to the Tour Guide in the bus
- Children under 7 years old are free of charge
- Free time to explore the Cities
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- - Guided walking tour for 20 people. - Face masks available for free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.