Full Day Tour to Kanchipuram and UNESCO's Mahabalipuram with Private Transfer
Visit Kanchipuram City, a place of religious importance with several Hindu temples depicting the Hindu culture and tradition. Following explore the City of Mahabalipuram, known for its outstanding historic buildings and an incredible architectural rock carved sanctuaries. Visit the grand temples and shrines that adorn the city. This tour will take you to various stone-cut temples.
• Temples of Kanchipuram - Kailasantha, Ekambareshwara, and Vaikuntaperumal
• UNESCO World Heritage Site - Temples and Shrines of Mahabalipuram
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu
We will pick up traveler from their hotels / fixed point within city center.
You will be picked up from your hotel by your driver and guide. Our tour starts with a journey to Kanchipuram, a city about 45 minutes from Chennai. Historically, Kanchipuram was a center of education and was known as the “ghatikasthanam”, or place of learning. The city was also a religious center of advanced education for Jainism and Buddhism between the 1st and 5th centuries. Located on the banks of the Vegavathy river, it has many temples. In Vaishnavism Hindu theology, Kanchipuram is one of the seven Tirtha (pilgrimage) sites, for spiritual exercise. The city is well known for its hand woven silk saris. Most of the city's workforce is involved in the weaving industry. On your tour, we will visit the three temples that exemplifies this sacred town—Kailasantha and Ekambareshwara temples, dedicated to Lord Shiva, and Vaikuntaperumal temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mahabalipuram, Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu
From Kanchipuram, we will travel to the ancient Pallavan port of Mamallapuram. This is a historic town and bustling seaport, where ancient Indian traders sailed to countries of Southeast Asia as far back as the 1st century. Here, you can view the group of sanctuaries carved out of rock in the 7th and 8th centuries: Rathas (temples in the form of chariots), Mandapas (cave sanctuaries), giant open air rock reliefs such as the famous “Descent of the Ganges”, and the Shore Temple, with thousands of sculptures to the glory of Shiva. The Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return back to your hotel in Chennai by late evening.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Departure Time: In between 08 A.M till 06 :00 P.M. depends on the location address. Hotel pickups commence prior to this time Duration 1 hours (approx.)
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.