Full-Day Tour Sacred Valley: Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Yucay Museum with Lunch
Visit the town of Chinchero, a traditional Cusco urban centre located at an elevated point with a beautiful view of the valley. The inhabitants of this place preserve the traditions and knowledge inherited from the Incas and display them in their clothes and customs. In Chinchero there are also archaeological remains and a beautiful seventeenth-century church, one of the first Catholic buildings in Peru. After this visit, you are transferred to the Living Museum of Yucay, making a stop at the Raqchi viewpoint. The museum is an interpretation centre of the Andean traditions, where demonstrations of the elaboration of textile work, adobe, pottery and silverware are carried out in the same way in which they used to in antiquity; an original recreation of the Inca traditions.Then, enjoy a delicious lunch in the town of Ollantaytambo and, on the way to the fortress, witness the Andean essence that is breathed in the place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Pickup and drop-off (from Urubamba hotels).
- Touristic transportation.
- Admission to Chinchero Church
What's excluded :
- Admission to Ollantaytambo fortress
- Admission to Museum Yucay
- Cusco Tourist ticket - BTC
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Yucay Museo de Cultura Viva
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
Chinchero is located 28 km from the city of Cusco, at 3,780 meters above sea level. Its main square is an extraordinary fusion between Inca and colonial architecture. Its church is one of the best examples of Cusco religious art, it was built on Inca walls, with an altar decorated in gold leaf in the Baroque style.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Yucay Museo de Cultura Viva, Acco Acco Urubambilla s/n, Yucay 08665 Peru
The museum is an interpretation centre of the Andean traditions, where demonstrations of the elaboration of textile work, adobe, pottery and silverware are carried out in the same way in which they used to in antiquity; an original recreation of the Inca traditions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo 08676 Peru
Ollantaytambo, a typical example of urban planning of the Incas still inhabited like in the past. You will find here a great archaeological complex called fortress although it was a tambo, a resting and lodging place for long distance travellers.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Urubamba (see list of hotels).- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit Ollantaytambo fortress, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.