Full day tour of the last Inca rope bridge - Q’eswachaka & four lagoons
Visit the unique Q’eswachaka bridge, the last remaining Inca rope bridge and marvel at the architectural majesty of the Incan handwoven bridge. This tour will allow you to see the bridge made of woven grass which is 120 feet long and hangs 60 feet above the canyon’s rushing river. You will also see stunning lagoons and local indigenous communities. This bridge has been blessed with a traditional Incan ceremonial bridge blessing and is rebuilt every one or two years as a communal effort by all the local people of the region. It is in extremely good condition.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Lunch - Lunch made by local people
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- First aid kit and oxygen tank
- Tour guide
- Transportation to attraction
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico De Cusco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Historico De Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
A member of staff will pick you up at 4:30 am from your hotel in Cusco to then head to our first stop in Combapata where we will have breakfast.
After breakfast, we will visit the Combapata viewpoint and will have a few minutes to enjoy the view and take some pictures. The next stop will be the district of Yanaoca, one of the eight districts in Canas, Cusco.
We will then travel for an hour until we arrive to the district of Q’ewe where the famous “Q’eswachaka” bridge is located. The bridge made of woven grass which is 120 feet long and hangs 60 feet above the canyon’s rushing river. You will also see stunning lagoons and local indigenous communities.
This bridge has been blessed with a traditional Incan ceremonial bridge blessing and is rebuilt every one or two years as a communal effort by all the local people of the region. No modern materials, tools or machines are used in the whole process of building the bridge, only grass and human power. It is still in extremely good condition.
We will then travel for another hour until we get to the lagoons of Pampamarca, Asnacqocha, Acopía y Pomacanchi where we will have our picnic lunch. Here, we will be able to see a wide range of animal life and species of plants. After lunch, we will make our way back to Cusco city but will first make a last stop at Rumipunku. After this, we will travel for 2 hours until we arrive to Cusco at around 4:30 pm.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up travellers from any hotel located in Cusco city.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.