Full day tour from Ponta Delgada to Furnas volcano and hot springs
The Azores are a rest for the body and soul that you need. On this tour you will visit the highest lake located in the center of São Miguel island it is one of the biggest lakes of the Azores it is also the youngest volcano on the island approximately 15 million years old and the last eruption occurred in 1563.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana, Sao Miguel 9625-304 Portugal
Meet your guide at your hotel in Ponta Delgada.
The tour begins with a visit to the northern coast of São Miguel island – a tea plantation and a factory with a tasting of local tea – the oldest, and currently only, tea plantation in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Caldeira das Furnas, Furnas, Povoacao, Sao Miguel 9675 Portugal
After that, we will arrive in Furnas Valley, stop on a high mountain with panoramic views of the active volcano crater. Walk along the geyser valley, where the earth is warm enough to cook the famous Cozido das Furnas. Time for lunch in a local restaurant with the opportunity to try the famous dish.
After lunch, we’ll walk through the botanical park where you can feed fish, pet ducks, and admire black swans. You will have time to swim in a natural pool with warm water (+38 ° C). Explore geysers and mineral springs.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vila Franca do Campo, Vila Franca do Campo, Sao Miguel, Azores
Then we’ll move to the south coast, where you will see the first capital of the island Vila Franca and an uninhabited islet.
The tour ends with a trip back to Ponta Delgada.
Don’t forget to bring with you swimwear in dark colors (in the pool there is a large amount of iron that can paint your cloth). Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Marina Ponta Delgada, Av. Infante Dom Henrique 71, 9500-764 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.