Full-Day Small-Group Great Wall Hike: Simatai West to Jinshanling
As the most popular hiking trip of Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both untouched and restored sections of the Great Wall at Simatai West and Jinshanling within 3 hours. We will reach the Wall by Kylin Tower at Simatai West, and then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling, or you can walk another 30 minutes if you feel energetic and then get off the wall at Zhuanduokou . The unrestored wall, the watch towers, the beacon towers snake on the mountain from east to west. You will have chance to meet local farmer friends, try local home-made food and learn local community development. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1. air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- 2. personal English-speaking hiking tour guide
- 4. unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall; lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant
- 5. a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
What's excluded :
- 1. travel insurance
- 2. chairlift
- 3. personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jinshanling Great Wall, Chengde Shi, Luanping County 068250 China
Partially restored and original section of the Great Wall.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
A short part of Simatai West instead of Simatai East section.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :McDonald's, Dongzhimen, Dongcheng, China
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 5 are not allowed to take this tour
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.