Full-Day shared Atlas Mountains and Berber Villages day tour from Marrakech
This tour is a great option for those who want to escape the urban noise of Marrakech and chill out amidst the greenery in the heart of the Atlas mountains. Labyrinth of paths, which have been walked for centuries, terraced houses – each of them offering a stunning view to the mountain peaks, passing by the solid walls of the Kasbah. Apple and walnut orchards along the way to the village of Aremd in the altitude of 2000 m. Watching the grinning children passing by from school, visiting the local manufacture selling the products of Arghan oil and finally enjoying a bowl of tajine, couscous or some other local delicacy in a family run guesthouse.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation on a 4WD or a minibus
- English speaking local guide
- Lunch in Berber homestay or a riad
- Mineral water
- Snacks and fruits
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Your guide will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakech at 9am before departing in a private 4WD towards Imlil valley passing by Moulay Brahim Gorges and Asni (well-known with its weekly Berber market every Saturday). After 17km you arrive to Imlil (1,740m), a starting point of several trekking and walking options through the High Atlas valleys and Berber villages including Mount Toubkal (4167m) - the highest summit in North Africa. Here you will leave your vehicle to take a welcome glass of mint tea in the village and meet your local guide prior to setting out for some 4km excursion on a 2 hours or 3 hours walk towards the south to the Berber village of Aremd (2000m). Passing the hamlets of ait souka, Targa, and Imoula, and up to Armed village where you will enjoy a panoramic view over the villages and the high Atlas peaks such as Mount Toubkal, Aguelzim summit, Adge, Tamatert pass, Mazzik pass and Asaoul.
A short visit through Armed with its narrow streets including a mint-tea in one of the local berber houses, then walk through the irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees. The trek then continues for another half an hour until the stop for lunch which will be served among a Berber familly in the village of M’zik. After lunch you set off back down the other side of the valley back to Imlil passing by the village of Arghen, and the return trip to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Hôtel Ali, Rue Moulay Ismail, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 18 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.