Full Day Selaron Steps, Sugar Loaf and Christ Redeemer Statue with Lunch
Combine visits to Corcovado and the Christ Redeemer Statue, the Selaron Steps, the Metropolitan Cathedral and Sugar Loaf mountain. Hit four must-sees in Rio on this full-day 9-hour tour. Start the day with a comprehensive city tour of Rio with a stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral, then ride the Sugar Loaf cable car overlooking Guanabara Bay. Refuel midday with a barbecue lunch at one Rio’s best barbecue Steak houses and then continue on over to see the Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado and end your visit at the famous Selaron Steps before heading back to your hotel in time to catch dinner. Round-trip transportation from most hotels in Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and São Conrado.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Professional Guide with Live tour Commentary in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Panoramic city tour
- Barbecue Lunch (Vegetarian options available) - On option with Lunch only.
- Cable Car Ticket to Sugar Loaf Access
- Van Ticket to Christ Redeemer Statue Access
- Entry/Admission - Morro da Urca
- Entry/Admission - Sugarloaf Mountain
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Carretão Ipanema Classic Grill
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Copacabana Beach, Av. Atlantica - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22070-011 Brazil
Copacabana Beach is the most famous beach in the city (maybe even in the country, or in the world) and is about 4 km long. Among the trademarks is its boardwalk with waves drawn in Portuguese stone, designed by famous brazilian landscaper Burle Max.
In Copacabana you will testify why cariocas have such a beautiful tan. While you travel through these neighborhoods, you will hear a few tips on what to do around them and the interesting stories that took place in these streets.
Pass By: Guanabara Palace, Rua Pinheiro Machado s/n, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22231-901 Brazil
You will pass through the historic Laranjeiras neighborhood, which hosts the Guanabara Palace, the ancient home of Princess Isabel who signed the Golden Law to free all slaves. Nowadays, the Palace is the official headquarters of the government of Rio de Janeiro.
Pass By: Sambodromo da Marques de Sapucai, Rua Marques de Sapucai, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22640-100 Brazil
Before reaching downtown you will pass next to the Sambodrome, where the Samba School Parade happens every year.
Pass By: Rio de Janeiro Historic City Center, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20000-000 Brazil
A comprehensive city tour of downtown area. Take a panoramic tour through historical streets and buildings and get to know stories and curiosities of this prominent area. Get nice perspectives of the traditional Cinelândia Square with its historical buildings, and take a look at the Municipal Theater with its Art Nouveau Architecture.
Stop At: The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian, Avenida Republica do Chile 245, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-170 Brazil
See from outside and get inside the iconic Metropolitan Cathedral which was built in a pyramidal form with an internal diameter of 96 meters and a height of 80 meters.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Aterro Do Flamengo, Avenida Infante Dom Henrique s/n, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20021-140 Brazil
You will make your way to Urca through Aterro do Flamengo and its parks, designed by Burle Marx and hear all about Brazil’s participation in World War II as well as the founding of the city back in the late 1500s, just before arriving to Sugar Loaf.
Stop At: Morro da Urca, Praia Vermelha, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
The first cable car takes you to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, Flamengo and Botafogo beaches, Santos Dummont Airport, the Rio-Niterói Bridge, Urca’s neighborhood and Corcovado Mountain.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sugarloaf Mountain, Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-255 Brazil
A second cable car takes you up to the top. When you get there, you will understand why Rio is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world. At 395 meters you’ll enjoy breathtaking views from Copacabana beach, Niterói and the Santa Cruz fortress. From up there, you will have no trouble understanding why Rio is nicknamed “Wonderful City”.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Carretão Ipanema Classic Grill, R. Visc. de Pirajá, 112 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22410-003, Brazil
After visiting Sugar Loaf Mountain, you will head down to an all-you-can-eat-style barbecue house. Brazilian Churrascarias (Barbecue places) offer a wide variety of sides and alternative options, in case you decide to stick with a vegetarian option, you will still leave delighted. Lunch is included only if option selected. If selecting an option without lunch, our guide will offer a variety of nearby suggestions that can fit any budget or taste!
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: Santa Teresa, Rua Aurea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20240-210 Brazil
Pass through this unique and charming neighborhood.
Stop At: Escadaria Selaron, Rua Joaquim Silva S/N, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20241-110 Brazil
The beautiful steps done in ceramic by artist Jorge Selarón are one of a kind. You will have about 10 minutes or so to contemplate it .
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
Pass by the park in a van ride to get to the Corcovado Mountain
Stop At: Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer, Estrada Redentor - Alto da Boa Vista Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22241-330 Brazil
Upon arriving at the Statue, you will have two options of reaching the top, by a lift and then an escalator, or the traditional way, by stairs, 222 Steps, but the prize makes it all worthwhile. Once up, the views and the imposing statue will take your mind off the walk up! Looking up you will feel blessed and protected by this beautiful monument of Christ with open arms, now one of the new Seven Wonders of the World! From up there you can see most of the city, all of the south zone and all the way to Niteroi. A unique view that will astound you. You will have about 40 minutes to get to know all the sides and views of Corcovado and take pictures.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana (South Zone)* If you would like to avoid picking up and dropping off other passengers, please ask for the lastmeeting point location when calling to reconfirm or when selecting your pick up point.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation
- Keep in mind that if you want to avoid picking other passenger, just ask us to be picked up from the last departure point on the tour
- It is recommended to wear light clothes, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Tour runs in any weather
- Barbecue Lunch (Vegetarian options available) - On option with Lunch. If selecting an option without lunch, our guide will offer a variety of nearby suggestions that can fit any budget or taste!
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.