Full-Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from Krabi
Spend a full day paddling in the cool shade of the Ao Thalane canyons in the north of Krabi. Explore the diverse ecosystem on a sit-on top kayak manoeuvring through mangrove forest, caves and channels surrounded by towering cast formations whilst observing the diverse wildlife, including crab-eating macaques, gibbons, the occasional cicada and otters. Enjoy a yummy lunch and find the perfect private beach to relax and have a refreshing swim.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, fruits, coffee and tea
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional kayak guide
- Basic accident insurance
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seakayak Krabi, Khao Thong, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, Thailand
Get picked up by our friendly driver and take a 20 minute scenic drive through rural villages to the incredible, karst-dotted Thalane Bay, situated in the north of Krabi. After arriving at the kayaking center with a private pier, enjoy a coffee while your guide will prepare the equipment and study the tide tables. Get a short briefing on how to use the paddles before boarding the open kayaks.
Start paddling a short distance through open water from the launching point to the mangroves forest of Ao Thalane. The guide will lead you through shallow channels and over submerged roots. Spot cliffs with supposedly thousand year old historical paintings done by sea gypsies who once lived in these area.
At times, stop paddling and just listen. Silence, except for occasional sound of cicadas and rustling of leaves overhead. The aerial roots of the mangroves at Ao Thalane are home to many crustaceans which attract many game fish like snappers in these waters. You can also spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
Some parts of the journey requires you to negotiate sharp turns in tight spaces as you wave your way through the forest. Therefore, this tour is specially designed making it semi-private, a maximum of 10 people to one guide. Enjoy the undeveloped environment without unpleasant crowds.
At midday enjoy a delicious Thai style lunch to recharge your batteries for the next adventure. Continue paddling and enter the canyons of Ao Thalane, right next to almost vertical limestone cliffs, towering above you. Enter a large cave with stalagmites and stalactites which was named the Crocodile Cave, probably because some of the hanging stalactites may look like a crocodile to those with a bit of imagination.
Leave the cave, and continue through a lagoon on your way out from the forest. Surrounded by the limestone karsts, this spectacular seascape at this part of Ao Thalane is the filming location for many movies. The total paddle time is around 3 hours, not including breaks.
• 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
• 08:30 - 09:00: Arrive at Sea Kayak Pier in Ao Thalane
• 09:00 - 09:30: Enjoy a fresh coffee and get instructions from the guide
• 09:30 - 10:00: Start paddling from the pier to the mangrove forest
• 10:30 - 11:30: Float gently through mangrove forest with narrow channels
• 11:30 - 13:00: Enjoy a Thai style lunch at the pier
• 13:00 - 14:30: Enter the canyons of Ao Thalane by kayak
• 14:30 - 15:15: Relax and have a swim at a private beach
• 15:15 - 15:30: Head back to the pier
• 15:30 - 16:00: Transfer back to your hotel
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Ao Tha Lane, Khao Thong subdistrict, Krabi Town 81000 Thailand
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Tha Lane Bay, 112 Moo 3 Kaotong, Krabi Town 81000 Thailand
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Sea Kayak Krabi, Krabi Town 81000 Thailand
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Seakayak Krabi, Khao Thong, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Get picked up from your hotel in Ao Nang, Krabi Town, Ao Nam Mao, Klong Muang and Tubkaek Beach. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email after you have made the booking.If you stay at Railay Beach, we offer a pickup service from the boat ticket office at Ao Nam Mao Pier which is just a 15-minute longtail boat ride from Railay East.If you stay in Ton Sai, please come to the meeting point at Phra Nang Inn reception in Ao Nang.If you stay at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas, please take the hotel shuttle boat to Nopparat Thara Pier in Ao Nang.Pickup times for each zone:• Ao Nam Mao: 08:20• Ao Nang: 08:30• Klong Muang Beach: 08:30• Krabi Town: 08:00• Tubkaek Beach: 08:20
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We are awarded with the Amazing Thailand SHA certificate that confirms the readiness of suppliers to provide safe services for the return of tourism post-COVID-19. We have undergone a strict inspection of health measures by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.