Full Day - Sacred Valley from Cusco - Private
The Sacred Valley became an area of royal estates and country homes for the Inca, for the religious establishment and also agriculture one of this was the maize, a prestige crop for the Incas, to make chicha, a fermented maize drink the Incas and their subjects consumed at their many ceremonial feasts and religious festivals.
On this full day of Sacred valley tour you will visit impressive constructions of cities such as Pisac and Ollantaytambo, which still working their water fountains coming from the mountains rivers. The Sacred valley tour will take you around local villages, and meet local people with their traditional costumes that it will add up an unforgettable experience to your journey.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bus for 15 to 25 people (depending on group size)
- Professional tour guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch in Urubamba (45-60 soles)
- Entrance to the Sacred Valley sites: You can purchase one of the following: (i) Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles or around $45 USD and 50% discount for students with an ISIC card)
- Note: this ticket can also be used on our city tours OR (ii) a partial ticket which allows a one day visit of just the two sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo. This ticket is recommended if you are not planning to visit any of Cusco's other sites.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pisac, Pisac, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
At 8.30am, we pick you up from your hotel and take you to the start of the tour. We travel from Cusco, past Saqsaywaman over the mountains towards the Sacred Valley. We descend 1500 feet to the valley floor, where we find ourselves by the sacred Urubamba River and the village of Pisac. In Pisac, we stop to visit a traditional market, where you can browse and buy some local souvenirs if desired. We will spend about 30 minutes here.
Then, we drive up to the ruins of Pisac. Here, we explore the extensive ruins whilst enjoying stunning views over the valley. You will be given a guided tour of the Citadel of Pisac, in which we will see temples, homes, altars, carvings, tunnels, caves and the famous Intihuatana, "The hitching post of the sun". We have about 90 minutes to explore the ruins.
For those who would prefer to spend more time in the market instead of visiting the ruins, advise your guide so he can organize a time and place to pick you up when returning through the market.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Urubamba, Urubamba, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
We continue on towards Urubamba, where we make a stop (45 minutes) for lunch(not include).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
A 30 minute drive takes us to Ollantaytambo, which is surrounded by the sacred mountains. Here, we will spend about an hour. In Ollantaytambo, we get further exposure to Incan constructions, mainly the amazing temple of the sun, enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, stone water fountains, stairs and terraces. We also get to see the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress surrounded by the sacred mountains and Valley of Patacancha and Willoq.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
On our return, we make a quick visit to the famous church and archaeological site in Chincheros. We return to Cusco at about 6:30-7pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please, provide your hotel details
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Note: The Cusco Tourist Ticket is about 130 soles or around $45 USD and there is 50% discount for students with an ISIC card. You can also use this ticket on the city tours OR purchase a partial ticket which allows a one day visit of just the two sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo. This ticket is recommended if you are not planning to visit any of Cusco's other sites
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.