Full Day - Sacred Valley & Ccaccaccollo (Weaving experience)
Ccaccaccollo is one of those small and scenic towns lost in the Peruvian Andes. There, some 50 families live out of agriculture and textiles. The women do the weaving and the men are in charge of the farm. Women received the transmission from their mother or grandmother, who in turn received it from their mother; and so on. Here we’ll have the great opportunity to attend a talk and demonstration about how the textile is made and have been made for years. But not only to watch but to be involved and make an interpretation of the different styles and shapes on the textiles they made since hundreds of years ago.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional and experienced tour guide
What's excluded :
- General Tourist Ticket - Entrance fee
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Pisac
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ccaccaccollo Community, 08100, Peru
Families live out of agriculture and textiles. The women do the weaving and the men are in charge of the farm. Women received the transmission from their mother or grandmother, who in turn received it from their mother; and so on. Here we’ll have the great opportunity to attend a demonstration about how the textile is made and have been made for years. But not only to watch but to be involved and make an interpretation of the different styles and shapes on the textiles they made since hundreds of years ago. A member of one of the families will tell us in Quechua (translation in English); the best techniques to understand the secrets of traditional iconography. We will observe all the process from the shearing of the wool, spinning, the washing of the wool with natural soap, the collection of plants and flowers used for natural dyeing, for this a local guide will direct us and tell us what plants we will pick up for this purpose and finally we will see the process of weaving clothes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pisac Peru
Afterward, visit the colourful Indian market in Pisac, where you can browse and buy some local souvenirs if desired. Continue driving to the ruins of Pisac, where you can explore the extensive ruins and enjoy stunning views of the valley. Here you will be given a guided tour of the Citadel of Pisac, in which you will see the ruins of temples, homes, altars, carvings, tunnels, caves and the famous Intihuatana. Intihuatana, the place when the sun gets tied, is a religious construction used like a clock to measure when it was the time to celebrate winter solstice - one of the most important celebrations and rituals of the ancient Inca Empire. For those who would prefer to spend more time in the market instead of visiting the ruins, please advise your guide so they can organize a time and place to collect you when returning past the market.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Afterward, it’s time to visit Ollantaytambo. The narrow streets along with their canals have not changed much from the time of the Inca Empire. At the end of the tour, we drop you off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please, provide your hotel information.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.