Full Day Sacred Lake Humantay Trek
We pick you up from the hotel between 4 am in our private transport to go to Mollepata, we will arrive in 2 hours approximately to this small town, the we will have breakfast to start our hike towards Humantay Lake. We will continue in our transport for approximately 1 more hour until Soraypampa which is located at 3900 msnm. Our guide will give you some recommendations to start the trek to Humantay Lake located at 4200 msnm Which is very close to the mountain Salkantay. We start the hike to Humantay Lake for approximately 1 hour and half; enjoying the beautiful views of the snowy mountains Salkantay and Humantay. When we reach Laguna Humantay we will enjoy the beautiful turquoise lagoon. Later you will enjoy a small snack watching the beautiful landscapes, continue the walk back to Soraypampa. In the afternoon we will arriving to Mollepata and have the lunch. After lunch we return to Cusco in our private transport. We will arrived in Cusco around 7:00 pm ; we drop you at your hotel.
per adult from
8 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Briefing one day before.
- Andean blessing (ancestral ceremony for protection with a local shaman).
- First aid kit including oxygen (for any emergency).
- Transport Cusco – Trailhead – Cusco
- Breakfast and box Lunch.
- Professional trekking guide in English – Spanish.
- Entrance fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- 1 walking stick.
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trail
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase).
- Drinks, unless specified.
- Gratuities for the guide and driver.
- Optional horse and wrangler $35USD (round trip).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salkantay Trail, Peru
Lake Humantay is a beautiful landscape hidden in the Peruvian Mountain Salkantay, the snow capped mountain. We will hike from Soraypampa to Lake Humantay. Lake Humantay is a turquoise green natural resource and a sacred site to Andean people. After the trek we will have a spiritual moment with local shaman who will perform a beautiful ceremony. Hiking you will see one of the most magnificent landscapes in Peru.
The Humantay lake altitude is 4250 m.a.s.l and this make an unique weather and temperatura in this area. The Humantay lake Temperatura can arrive to 5º C during the day and at night drop down to 0º C.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.