Full Day Ramayana Trail, Seetha Devi Captive Life
Nuwara Eliya is one of the most important locations in the Ramayana history. It houses so many Ramayana sites with remarkable evidences. You will dig in to the history of Ramayana and explore the captive life of Seetha Devi during this one-day tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Service of a local guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All government taxes
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Any others expenses not mentioned in Inclusions section
- 09:00: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to visit Gayathri Peedam. The first and most important temple built for Gayathri Amman (Gayatri being an aspect of Saraswati and the Universal Mother) in Sri Lanka. Gayathri Peedam is said to be the place from where King Ravana's son Meghanath propitiated Lord Shiva with penance and worship, before he was granted supernatural powers by the mighty god.
10:15: On completion of this visit, you will be taken to visit Diurumpola Temple. This place is said to have been the location where Seetha Devi underwent "Agni Pariksha" (test), to prove her chastity. The Sinhalese name “Divurumpola” means ‘the place of oath’. Today the legal system permits and accepts the swearing done at this temple while settling disputes between parties.
12:30: Enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant
13:30: Proceed to Seetha Eliya and visit Seetha Amman temple. Sri Seetha Amman temple is a unique temple situated in Nuwara Eliya. This is believed to be the place where Seeta lived most of the time of her captivity according to the historical Legend of Ramayana. It is also unique in a way that it is one of the very few temples dedicated to Seeta. The place also has footmarks of the monkey god Hanuman.
14:30: After visiting Seetha Amman Temple, you will be driven to visit Ashok Vatika. Ashok Vatika is a garden, located in Seeta Eliya. According to the historical Legend of Ramayana, Seeta was kept in this garden as she refused to stay in Ravana's magnificent palace. Some of the findings here include a rock on which Seeta used to sit and meditate.
16:00: You will be taken back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Pick up will be done from all centrally located hotels and places in Nuwara Eliya.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Nuwara Eliya hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pickup location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.