Full-Day Private Tour to Munnar from Kochi with Lunch
Munnar is one of the best tourist destination in Kerala with several reasons like breath taking greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, fiew points, cool climate etc. Due to all these reasons, Munnar is the No 1 tourist destination in Kerala and its is the best one day trip from Kochi. This package is arranged to facilitate for those tourists who are looking for a one day outing from Kochi to Munnar. Generally sightseeing in Munnar needs minimum two or more days, but in this package we are choosing best places in Munnar for sightseeing.
per adult from
15 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- AC car all inclusive with well experience and bilingual driver cum guide.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Veg B/F and south indian Thali meals for lunch. Food credit voucher for Rs 250 per person.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
What's excluded :
- The packages do not include entry fee and needs to pay direct by guest.
- Local guide if required, camera charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry
- tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Entry/Admission - Echo Point
- Entry/Admission - Rose Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oonnukal-Thodupuzha Road, Pareekanni, Kerala 686693, India
On the way to Munnar, after 2hrs from Kochi, we reach a place called Oonnukal. We have arranged your veg B/F at a restaurant there. The restaurant at Oonnukal is also providing refreshment facility. After B/f departure for Munnar. On the way you will be visiting Cheeyappara water falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cheeyappara Waterfalls, Kochi-Madurai-Tondi Point Rd, Idukki 685561 India
This is located on the Kochi – Munnar highway on the left side of the road. This is a good place to have photos, but no bathing is allowed as the rocks are slippery and is dangerous. There is no entry fee or parking fee needs to be given. There area couple of small shops selling local food items. 15-20 mins halt is recommended.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kundala Dam Lake, Top Station, Munnar India
Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia's No 1 arch dam. This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town therefore it's easy for visiting. Considered as one of the best scenic spot for photography, you can also have activities like pedal boat, speed boat or shikkara kind of trip available in the lake.
Kundala Dam Travel Tips
• Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists with all walk of life can access this place.
• Entry to this place is totally free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
• If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
• It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Echo Point, Munnar-Top Station Highway, Munnar 685616 India
This is nothing much important about this place. If you make a loud noise, your voice will return back to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake. But more than that, this is one of the best place to have a photo of the lake close by. Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kannan Devan Hills, Kannan Devan Hills, Idukki District, Kerala
On the way to Top station or while coming back to city, you can see very scenic tea plantations.In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this. There is no entry fee or charges need to pay. You should know that whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get a good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mattupetty Dam, Munnar Top Station Highway, Munnar 685616 India
Mattupetty dam is located 13 kms away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins drive by road. Mattupetty can be narrated like confluence of mountain, lake and greenery. You will get best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday. Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort. It has a washroom, tourist facilitation centre where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake etc available. Best experience of Mattupetty is first go to the boating centre or tourist facilitation centre, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Mattupetty Dam Travel Tips
• Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
• You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lake and mountains.
• This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheel chaired.
• Very good place for family with kids outing.
• This place is best for a small shopping of handicraft and souvenirs.
• There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekend and tourist season, this place is jam packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
• Take beautiful photos from the Mattupetty Dam. After the boating travel to dam, came out of car from one end of the dam and walk to other end. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Rose Gardens, NH 49 Road Karadipara, Munnar 685612 India
This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by KTDC Floriculture Centre. Not only roses but different variety of flowers are available and good place to have memorable photos. This garden is located 5 kms away on the top station road side and entry is restricted with entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
• Since there are steps, handicapped or wheel chaired persons advised not to visit this place.
• Wash room facility is available for public.
• You can buy favorite plants from rose garden.
We expect this is over by 1300 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many veg or non veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch we are organizing a trip to Rajamalai in Eravikulam National Park.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park, Munnar India
Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala. The Park protect endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat , and its habitat. The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystem in the western ghats. Anamudi which is of 2695 metres in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park. Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters. It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point. On reaching entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy tickets from this counter itself. From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it's almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park. On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathway for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Tahr and Anamudi Peak. This is also a good place to have beautiful mountain photographs.
Eravikulam Travel Tips
• Book your tickets online.
• Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourist and Rs 400 for foreigners.
• Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
• No food or water bottles allowed.
• Wash room available for both gents and ladies.
• Not accessible by wheelchair.
• Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
• To see the nilgiri tahr and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
• Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is must for all seasons.
• This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
• Max 2 hrs required to complete the visit in case there is no rush.
By the time Eravikulam is completed it will be evening. You can come back to Munnar town where you can have a small shopping of all types of spices, coffee/tea, handicrafts and artifacts in a reasonable price. Departure back to Kochi by 0600 hrs. We will drop back to you at your hotel between 2100-2130 hrs. Tour ends.
Multiple Sightseeing Options.
This is a standard one day programme designed for a trip from Kochi to Munnar. Below are the other interesting sightseeing options in Munnar which have not been included. You can look at below and choose, we can customize the trip according to your choice.
1. View Points. There are many view points in Munnar like Top Station, Lockhart gap viewpoint, Pothamedu sunset view point etc. We can Include Top station, if we skip to Eravikulam national park.
2. Kulakkumali Jeep Safari. In case you skip Eravikulam, you can go for the Kulakkumali viewpoint which rated as the No 1 sightseeing option in Munnar by tripadvisor.
3. Tea Factory Visit. In this programme you can see how tea is processed from raw tea leaves. Need to skip some of the sightseeing mentioned above.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up our guests from Ernakulam Railway Station and Bus Terminal. Arrival details should be provided atleast a day prior. Airports
- Cochin International Airport, Airport Rd, Kochi, Kerala 683111, India
- Cochin Port Trust, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682009, India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.