Full-Day Private Tour to David Gareja Complex from Tbilisi
This is private visit of David Gareji Lavra Monastery and Udabno caves.
Trekking in the semi-desert 3 hour: Upward climb - 200 m. Max elevation - 875 m
Enjoy the abundance of sandstone colors, the beauty of medieval frescoes and picturesque landscapes.
Picnic lunch near the site.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Picnic lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
In the morning your guide and driver will meet you at your place of stay in Tbilisi and you’ll start your journey to David Gareja Monastery Complex. The foundation of the complex is attributed to 13 Assyrian Holy Fathers – St. David Garejeli and his disciplines in 6th century AD. The complex includes 19 Medieval monasteries and about 5000 cells for monks as well as caves for domestic use, such as barns, bakeries, smithies and housing for livestock.
Arrive in David Gareji Lavra Monastery. After excursion in the monastery, have 2-3 hours easy trekking to Udabno Caves (includes some uphill walk). After exploring the complex of David Gareja you’ll drive back to you place of stay in Tbilisi.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your place of stay in Tbilisi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trekking to certain parts of David Gareja is subject to favorable weather conditions. In case of rain or snow you'll skip sightseeing in Udabno caves for your own safety and will be offered an alternative excursion in Ninotsminda Monastery.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.