Full-Day Private Tour of Sacred Valley and Kantu Andean Textile from Cusco
The Sacred Valley is one of the most important and beautiful sites of Cusco. You'll start this excursion visiting the archaeological center Pisaq including its typical market. Then enjoy a delicious lunch in Urubamba (at your own expense). Then you'll visit the archeological center of Ollantaytambo, finally heading towards the town of Chinchero where you will enjoy its great culture, including its archaeological center, temple and especially visit the center of interpretation of Andean textiles "Kantu", a beautiful family of weavers. That will end a day full of magic and adventures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- All entrance fees (Touristic Ticket 70.00 soles)
- Lunch in Urubamba
- Any other service otherwise not mentioned
- Pisaq market is located 30 kilometers from the city of Cusco. The main square of Pisac houses this market, a colorful and cheerful place where the most famous Cusqueñas handicrafts made by Andean hands are displayed, including handicrafts, protruding textile pieces, ponchos, bags, and ceramics, which are reproductions of Inca archaeological pieces, such as queros (ceremonial vessels), necklaces, etc. The fair traders and craftsmen of many indigenous peoples are dressed in their traditional costumes.
After the market you will visit Pisaq Archeological Site. The archaeological complex of Pisac is situated on top of a mountain from where much of the sacred valley can be seen. This wonderful place is formed by groups of platforms and architectural structures scattered on the slopes and on top of the mountain. Pisac is one of the most beautiful monumental centers because it combines the landscape with the impeccable finish of its constructions.
Once you finish your archeological visit, you'll be ready for lunch in Urubamba (at your own expense), a local tourist restaurant located in the Sacred Valley.
In the afternoon visit the fortress and citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle. You will have the opportunity to walk through the narrow streets and get a clear idea of what this strategic military, religious, and cultural center during the Inca Empire.
Our last visit will be on the way back to Cusco. We'll stop at the picturesque Andean village of Chinchero, where the remains of the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui are located. Admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the main square, and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, built on the foundations of an Inca building.
At the end of your interesting day, you'll transfer back to your hotel in Cusco.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :8am
Return Detail :Concludes at the original departure point or main square
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.