Full-Day Private Tour of Bucharest and Mogosoaia Palace
Embark on a one day tour to discover some of Bucharest's most important sites and one must see, well preserved palace, Mogosoaia Palace. On this day you will get to see the famous Palace of Parliament, Cotroceni Palace, many panoramic views of the city and learn interesting facts about the capital of Romania. In the second part of the day enjoy the visit at Mogosoaia Palace to see how royalty lived and take a relaxing walk on the premises.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- 1 Bottle of water/ pers
- Driver/guide/Tour escort
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Entry/Admission - Mogosoaia Palace
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Communism
- Entry/Admission - Princely Court
- Entry/Admission - Ceausescu Mansion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
The Palace of the Parliament is the seat of the Parliament of Romania. Located on Spirii Hill in central Bucharest, the Palace is the second largest administrative building in the world after the Pentagon. It is also the most expensive administrative building and heaviest building. It measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under the ground. It has 1,100 rooms and is 12 stories tall, with additional 8 underground levels including an enormous nuclear bunker. A colossal parliament building known for its ornate interior, it houses the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies, three museums and an international conference center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mogosoaia Palace, Strada Valea Parcului Nr. 1, Mogosoaia 077135 Romania
Our tour continues with Mogosoaia Palace located just a short ride from Bucharest. It was built between 1698-1702 by Constantin Brâncoveanu in what is called the Romanian Renaissance style or Brâncovenesc style. The palace bears the name of the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogoș, who owned the land it was built on. The princely residence was first mentioned at the end of the 16th century, its construction being finished at the beginning of the 18th century.
After 1714, when Constantin Brancoveanu was executed with his entire family in Constantinopole, all the family's wealth was confiscated by the Ottomans and the palace was converted into an inn. Rebought by Prince Stefan Cantacuzino, he returned it to Brâncoveanu's grandson Constantin, and remained with the family until the early nineteenth century.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Communism, Bulevardul Regele Carol I, Targoviste 130010 Romania
This in the military unit where the last Communist President Nicolae Ceausescu along with his wife Elena Ceausescu were kept as prisoners, judged by a military court and finally executed. We will discuss about these final days and communism in Romania.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Princely Court, Str. Justice, No. 7, Targoviste 130 014 Romania
Finally you will go to Targoviste where you will visit the former royal residence where Vlad Tepes ruled. This is also the place where the battle from June 1462 took place between Vlad Tepes (Dracula) and Mehmed II the Sultan of the Otoman Empire. The battle ended with the defeat of the Ottoman army and in honor of his victory, Vlad Tepes built Chindia Tower which can be visited today.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ceausescu Mansion, Bulevardul Primaverii No.50 District 1, Bucharest 011975 Romania
Primaverii Palace is also known as the “Ceausescu Mansion” and it was the private residence of Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu and of their children, Nicu, Zoia, and Valentin. It was built in the mid-1960s and enlarged between 1970 and 1972.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sometimes events are held at Mogosoaia Palce and it is closed to the public. In this case we will visit Snagov.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.